Seeking a TOP Intern
Available Position: Internship Fall 2017
The Transatlantic Outreach Program is seeking to fill a full-time (40 hours per week) internship position dedicated to various curriculum development projects, public relations, and administrative tasks pertaining to a clientele that consists primarily of K-12 American and Canadian social studies and STEM educators.
TOP offers a “reimbursement for expenses” of 300 EUR per month (or the USD equivalent thereof). If you are a German citizen, TOP will sponsor but not pay for the internship visa. The visa application process will begin after the successful applicant has been selected by June 5, 2017.
The chosen candidate will ideally assume their position, starting September 5, 2017, on site at our Washington, DC, office. The internship will conclude by December 15, 2017. TOP is flexible with regards to start- and concluding-dates.
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Assist with writing and editing items for the Modern Germany Update newsletter
- Provide support on new classroom resources for social studies and STEM educators
- Provide support on various projects leading up to 2018 study tours
- Opportunity to attend and represent TOP at educator conferences (travel required)
- Conduct research
- Compile information for database, perform data entry
- Passion for intercultural education and dialogue, especially German-American, transatlantic relations, etc.
- Minimum education for a student at an American university: 2+ years of study in German Studies/Language, Education, International Studies, or a relevant field (BS or BA preferred)
- Minimum education for a student at a German university: 2+ years of study in English/American Studies, German Studies, Education, International Studies, or a relevant field (BS or BA preferred)
- Near-native/fluent English speaker (B2 level or higher; C1 preferred)
- Proficiency speaking, reading, and writing the German language (B2 level or higher)
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- In-depth knowledge of the U.S. education system
- Detailed understanding of current events in Germany
- Self-motivated, with a problem-solving attitude, and willing to work in a team environment
Interested candidates should address and submit a cover letter and résumé to the TOP Team by May 15, 2017:
Download Fall 2017 Internship Announcement