VIP Tour 2019: Apprenticeship
An Exclusive Invitation!
The Transatlantic Outreach Program & New America Cordially Extend an All Inclusive Invitation to Attend:
A "VIP" INFORMATION TOUR TO GERMANY & NORTH CAROLINA: OCTOBER 5 - 16, 2019
This information tour is designed to be an in-depth examination of apprenticeship on both sides of the Atlantic from the perspectives of major stakeholders.
For the first time ever, this information tour will take place not only in Germany (October 5-13) but also in Charlotte, North Carolina (October 14-16).
The goal is to inspire dialogue for common solutions to common workforce challenges during the "Wunderbar Together" Year of German-American Friendship.
VIP Tour Information
Since the fall of 2013, the Transatlantic Outreach Program (TOP) has sent a small group of decision-maker VIPs, representing key education and workforce development sectors in the U.S., to conduct an in-depth examination of the German apprenticeship system. This will continue in October 2019.
The Partnership to Advance Youth Apprenticeship (PAYA) is a multi-year, collaborative initiative that will support the success of efforts in US states and cities to expand access to high-quality apprenticeship opportunities for high school age youth. Expanding youth apprenticeship is a strategy for building a more inclusive economy by connecting the learning needs of students with the talent needs of industry.
- high school students (Germany and Charlotte);
- community employment agencies (Germany);
- industry partners (Germany and Charlotte);
- education partners and colleges (Germany and Charlotte);
- chambers of commerce (Germany);
- federal government agencies (Germany).
- To educate: give participants the opportunity to observe apprenticeship in action, both in Germany and in the US;
- To network: encourage participants to network within the group as well as with partners on both sides of the Atlantic;
- To motivate: motivate participants to explore new solutions to implementing apprenticeship within their respective spheres of influence in the U.S.
This invitation is also made possible due to the support of New America's Partnership to Advance Youth Apprenticeship (PAYA).
TOP provides the following information for due diligence reporting. The following budget is an accurate description of planned expenses to be incurred by the Transatlantic Outreach Program on behalf of each participant as of August 2019. This information is subject to exchange rate fluctuation and other market factors. Please contact TOP directly with any specific questions or concerns.
|Airfare (Domestic, If Applicable):||$400.00 USD|
|Airfare (International):||$1,200.00 USD|
|Accomodation & Meals (7 nights, Germany):||$1,700.00 USD|
|Transportation (Germany):||$350.00 USD|
|Miscellaneous Fees & Honoraria (Germany):||$650.00 USD|
|Accomodation & Meals (3 nights, Charlotte):||$600.00 USD|
|Transportation (Charlotte):||$250.00 USD|
|Per Person Total:||$5,150.00 USD|
All expenses are paid directly by TOP on behalf of its participants. Please note the one exception: If a participant elects not to dine with the group, they are eligible to receive a cash payout not to exceed 20,00 EUR per meal.