Scholarships for Goethe-Institut’s seminars in Germany
The Goethe-Institut in the USA awards scholarships for participation in language courses and professional development seminars (e.g. cultural studies; German as a foreign language theory and practice) in Germany.
You can apply for a scholarship from the Goethe-Institut if you are a teacher of German as a foreign language or are involved in the teacher training of such teachers; this also applies if you work at a PASCH school.
Applications for 2018 are due Monday, October 30th, 2017.
- You are a teacher of German as a foreign language or are involved in the teacher training of such teachers; this also applies if you work at a PASCH school.
- You will be working as a DaF teacher or a trainer of DaF teachers in the coming years.
- You are willing to pass on what you learn in the seminar to your colleagues at home.
- You have the necessary German-language skills for the type of seminar you wish to attend.
- You are prepared to take part in the entire seminar, including the cultural program.
- You can state that you are available for the dates of all of the desired seminars you indicate.
- You confirm that you have been informed that it is not always possible to prioritize your three desired seminars.
- You acknowledge that the Goethe-Institut cannot provide any organizational assistance or help with insurance matters for family members or friends.
- You acknowledge that we advise against participating in a seminar during a pregnancy to avoid the risk of complications for which no insurance coverage is available.
- You acknowledge that you are not permitted to bring pets with you.
- Should you be applying for an MDO distance learning course, you will need solid PC and Internet skills with regular access to a high-speed Internet connection at home or at work.
- Download the following application and be sure to save it onto your computer:
- Please complete all parts of the form (note your state behind your city as there is no separate space for it).
- After completing the form, save it again on your own computer. Please save the file name in the following format: Country_LastName_FirstName.pdf
- Now send the form as an attachment with an e-mail addressed to the Goethe-Institut responsible for your state:
IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, OK, SD, WI:
NJ, NY, PA:
Goethe-Institut New York
AK, AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY:
Goethe-Institut San Francisco
AL, AR, DC, DE, FL, GA, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV: