Scholarships for Professional Development in Germany
The Goethe-Institut in the USA awards scholarships for participation in language courses and professional development seminars (e.g. cultural studies; German as a foreign language theory and practice) in Germany.
You can apply for a scholarship from the Goethe-Institut if you are a teacher of German as a foreign language or are involved in the teacher training of such teachers; this also applies if you work at a PASCH school.
Scholarship applications for 2021 will become available starting August 2020.
- You are a teacher of German as a foreign language or are involved in the teacher training of such teachers; this also applies if you work at a PASCH school.
- You will be working as a DaF teacher or a trainer of DaF teachers in the coming years.
- You are willing to pass on what you learn in the seminar to your colleagues at home.
- You have the necessary German-language skills for the type of seminar you wish to attend.
- You are prepared to take part in the entire seminar, including the cultural program.
- You can state that you are available for the dates of all of the desired seminars you indicate.
- You confirm that you have been informed that it is not always possible to prioritize your three desired seminars.
- You acknowledge that the Goethe-Institut cannot provide any organizational assistance or help with insurance matters for family members or friends.
- You acknowledge that we advise against participating in a seminar during a pregnancy to avoid the risk of complications for which no insurance coverage is available.
- You acknowledge that you are not permitted to bring pets with you.
- Should you be applying for an MDO distance learning course, you will need solid PC and Internet skills with regular access to a high-speed Internet connection at home or at work.
- Please download the application form below and be sure to save it onto your computer. If you cannot access the 2019 application, please first delete the "cookies" from your internet browser settings.
- The application form will become available here in August 2020
- Please complete all parts of the form on pages 1-3 only (please include your state behind your city as there is no separate space for it).
- After completing the form, save it again on your own computer. Please save the file name in the following format: Country_LastName_FirstName.pdf
- Now send the form as an attachment with an e-mail addressed to the Goethe-Institut responsible for your state:
IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, OK, SD, WI:
NJ, NY, PA:
Goethe-Institut New York
AK, AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY:
Goethe-Institut San Francisco
AL, AR, DC, DE, FL, GA, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV: