Train as a Coach
As a graduate of our coaching program, you will work with educators all over the Unted States. Hone your skills and get ready to shape first-hand the landscape of teaching German.Apply now
The competitive Goethe-Institut coaching program, conducted exclusively in German, is offered once a year. This year's training will take place on June 14 - July 11, 2021. It includes four weeks of asynchronous and synchronous online training, 40 hrs in total, as well as DLL 6 (Deutsch Lehren Lernen). Application deadline is April 30, 2021.
- Degree in Teaching German as a Foreign or Second Language
- Experience teaching German in American schools or colleges
- Experience in teacher development (German as a Foreign Language)
- Proven expertise in the following one or more areas of teaching German: lesson planning, curriculum development, assessment, project-based learning, task-based language teaching
- Ability to travel (when needed, also outside of one’s own state) two times a year for classroom observation
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy
- List of trainings/workshops
- Lesson plan (please use this form)
Interested in applying? Gather documents and prepare application (see eligibility requirements).
Turn in application (resume/C.V., cover letter, training/workshop list, teaching philosophy, lesson plan) by April 30, 2021.
Attend the four-week training, synchronous and asynchronous from June 14 to July 11, 2021. Plan about 10 hours training per week, of which five hours will be synchronous and five hours asynchronous.
Attend professional development training DLL 6 Deutsch Lehren Lehren. Skip this step if you already have completed DLL 6.
Obtain certificate as a Goethe-coach and get ready to coach around October/November 2021. You will receive an honorarium for each coaching.