Summer Schools USA
Summer Schools in the U.S.
The following summer schools in the U.S. are offering professional development courses for German teachers in 2018:
Germany in the New Millennium:
Teaching Cultural Change Through Popular Culture and Media
Sun., July 22 - Sat. July 28, 2017
College of the Atlantic: Bar Harbor, ME
DSaP Teacher Training Lehrerfortbildungsseminar:
A Teacher Training Seminar
Wed., July 25 – Thu., Aug. 2, 2018
Portland State University: Portland, OR
Teacher Training: Wechselwirkungen: Umwelt, Technologie und Kultur
Tuesday, June 5 - Fri., July 6, 2018 – You may attend only the second half of the session.
The University of New Mexiko: Taos, NM
The German School
7-week language school
Fri., June 29 – Fri., Aug. 17, 2018
Middlebury College: Middlebury, VT
Scholarships for Summer Schools in the USA
You are a German Teacher and are interested in a professional development course in the USA this summer? The Goethe-Institut would like to support you and cover $500 of the cost!
- Sign up for a teacher’s professional development program at one of the summer schools in the USA.
- Apply for the Goethe-Institut’s $500 scholarship by May 15, 2018. You will need the confirmation of registration from the summer school for the application.
- If awarded the scholarschip, the Goethe-Institut will inform you by June 15, 2018.
- After you’ve finished the summer programm, please send the Goethe-Institut in Washington DC (Eileen.Sellman@goethe.de) the certificate of participation.
- Upon receiving the certificate, the Goethe-Institut will send you the check of $500 within the next 3 weeks.
Goethe-Institut Washington DC