Summer Schools USA
Scholarships for Summer Schools in the USA
German teachers at american schools and universities participating in a DaF professional development program offered by a US summer school may apply for a 500 USD stipend from the Goethe-Institut. These stipendends are awarded independently of the costs of the summer school; proof of attendance in the form of a registration confirmation and participation certificate is required.
- Sign up for a teacher’s professional development program at one of the summer schools in the USA.
- Apply for the Goethe-Institut’s $500 scholarship by May 15 of each year. You will need the confirmation of registration from the summer school for the application.
- If awarded the scholarschip, the Goethe-Institut will inform you by June 15.
- After you’ve finished the summer programm, please send the Goethe-Institut in Washington DC (firstname.lastname@example.org) your certificate of participation.
- Upon receiving the certificate, the Goethe-Institut will send you the check of $500 within the next 3 weeks.
Goethe-Institut Washington DC
Summer Schools in the U.S.
The following summer schools in the U.S. are offering professional development courses for German teachers in 2019:
College of the Atlantic: Bar Harbor, ME
Portland State University: Portland, OR
Wed., July 45 – Thu., Aug. 1, 2019
Teacher Training: A German only intensive immersion experience for German language instructors at all levels.
The University of New Mexiko: Taos, NM
Tuesday, June 4 - Fri., July 5, 2019 – You may attend only the second half of the session.
The German Summer School of New Mexico is offering two teacher training seminars in summer of 2019:
- Spielen: theoretisch, literarisch, pädagogisch (1 credit hour)
- Die Berliner Mauer und das geteilte Deutschland in Literatur und Film (1 credit hour)
Middlebury College: Middlebury, VT
Tuesday, July 2 – Fri., Aug. 16, 2019
The German School:
6-week language school