Summer Schools USA
Scholarships for Summer Schools in the USA
German teachers at american schools and universities participating in a DaF professional development program offered by a US summer school may apply for a 500.00 USD stipend from the Goethe-Institut. These stipendends are awarded independently of the costs of the summer school; proof of attendance in the form of a registration confirmation and participation certificate is required.
The application deadline is May 15th 2020. You will be informed of the decision (accept/regret) by June 15th 2020.
- Sign up for a teacher’s professional development program at one of the summer schools in the USA.
- Apply for the Goethe-Institut’s $500 scholarship by May 15 of each year. You will need the confirmation of registration from the summer school for the application.
- If awarded the scholarschip, the Goethe-Institut will inform you by June 15.
- After you’ve finished the summer programm, please send the Goethe-Institut in Washington DC (email@example.com) your certificate of participation.
- Upon receiving the certificate, the Goethe-Institut will send you the check of $500 within the next 3 weeks.
Goethe-Institut Washington DC
Summer Schools in the U.S.
The following summer schools in the U.S. are offering professional development courses for German teachers in 2020:
College of the Atlantic: Bar Harbor, ME
Sun., July 26 - Sat., August 01, 2020
Technologie im Deutschunterricht: New Technology Tools for Effective German Instruction
Application Form Bar Harbour
Portland State University: Portland, OR
5-week total immersion program (12 credits):
Wed., June 24 – Thu., July 30, 2020
One-week Teacher Training:
Wed., July 22 - Thu., July 30, 2020
Teacher Training: A German only intensive immersion experience for German language instructors on all levels.
The University of New Mexiko: Taos, NM
Tue., June 02 - Fri., July 03, 2020
Please note that you may attend only the second half of the session ("Teacher Seminar" 06/17-07/03, 2020)
The 2020 lectures center on "Traum und Wirklichkeit in der deutschsprachigen Kultur".
Middlebury College: Middlebury, VT
Fri., June 26 – Fri., August 14, 2020
Graduate Program (6-weeks)
Tue., June 30 - Fri., August 14, 2020
Millersville University: Millersville, VT
GERM 512 Phonetics (3 credits)
Mon., June 29 - Fri., July 24, 2020