Online Group Course
With the Goethe Institut’s 8 week and 16 week online group course you can learn German anywhere flexibly, with lessons customized to your schedule. However, you will not be learning alone but in a small group of between six and 13 participants. The course will introduce you to the German language through various exercises presented within everyday situations.
Course Structure and workload
- course duration is 8 or 16 weeks which amounts to around 3-3.5 hours per week
- flexible scheduling of the tasks plus pre-scheduled virtual group sessions
- combination of automatically corrected exercises and submitted assignments (for example audios or texts), which will receive detailed feedback by the tutor
- participants will receive a certificate of participation upon completion of at least 70% of all exercises in the program (as well as having participated in at least 3 of the virtual live sessions).
Frequently asked questions
- Mac, iPad, tablet, PC or laptop.
- Headset with microphone
- Stable internet connection with sufficient bandwidth, specifically for the virtual live sessions
Please check here if your internet connection is sufficient:
speed-test für Deutsch online
For the A1.1 level course, there is no prior knowledge required. Students interested in higher level courses, who have not yet learned German at the Goethe-Institut or took courses at one of our locations more than 12 months ago will be individually placed by us with the help of our complimentary Placement test.
Participants can register for the Goethe-Zertifikat; this test is subject to charge and not included in the price of the course.