ARTISTIC TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS / OPEN CALL
As part of a program in 2019 that aims to connect Chicago to the European Scene in contemporary performance and dance, the Cultural Service of the Consulate of France and the Goethe-Institut in Chicago are delighted to offer a total of four scholarships to attend summer immersion and training programs this summer (two scholarships offered for Camping in France from June 17-28, and two scholarships offered for ImPulsTanz in Austria from July 15-26). Applicants will select their first and second choices between these two opportunities.
CAMPING – Centre National de la Danse (CN D), Pantin (Paris), FRANCE2 weeks, from June 17th to 28th, 2019 in Paris, France
2 scholarships offered
Camping is an international platform of workshops, a unique experience bringing together performers, choreographers, researchers, students (about 400 participants) from all over the world, a unique artistic camp that makes all the poetic experiences of dance possible and that fosters a multidisciplinary approach.
During two weeks, Camping offers a program of classes, workshops, talks, film screenings, professional encounters, public presentations and performances. Camping is a space to practice, exchange ideas and stay connected to the international art scene.
More about Camping
The CN D is a unique place in France that brings together all of the resources connected with dance. The missions of the CN D, an institution that exists to serve professionals and the public, revolve around three main objectives: assisting and training professional dancers, conserving and disseminating the dance heritage, and supporting the creation of new choreographies.
Impulstanz, Vienna International Dance (Vienna), AUSTRIA2 weeks, July 15th to 26th, 2019 in Vienna, Austria
2 scholarships offered
With its versatile roster, ImPulsTanz workshops is the biggest workshop festival in Europe. More than 120 internationally renowned teachers and choreographers are heading more than 220 workshops open to beginners, intermediate and professional dancers. Both the diversity of the program (from Contemporary to Butoh, from Yoga to Dance for People with and without Disabilities) as well as the strongly encouraged exchange between teachers and students, performers and audience, amateurs and professionals mark Vienna as THE summerly dance summit.
More about ImPulsTanz
Founded in 1984, ImPulsTanz has become one of the most distinguished festivals for contemporary dance worldwide. Thousands of professional dancers, choreographers, teachers and dance aficionados from all over the world encounter each other here, inspire each other, investigate together, exchange and turn Vienna each summer into the epicentre of contemporary dance and performance art.
The Scholarship includes
- Pedagogical fee (2 consecutive five-day workshops) – Please note that the artist will receive advice and support in building their program from a large selection of offered workshops
- Lodging (breakfast and lunch included)
- 10 shows tickets
- International travel
- Evening meals (about 20$/meal) and local transports (about 50$ for a 2 week pass) are NOT provided
Eligibility/CriteriaThis call is opened to professional, emerging artists of all nationalities.
Eligible applicants must identify with the following statements:
- I consider myself to be a professional, emerging artist.
- I have at least some training and performance experience in contemporary dance.
- I have produced and publicly presented at least one contemporary work.
- I hold a primary residence in the Midwestern Region (IL, MO, KS, NE, SD, ND, MN, IA, MI, IN, OH, KY, WI).
- I currently have or am able to acquire health/travel insurance for the period of travel.
- I have the time/capacity and legal standing to travel to Europe during June 17-28 and/or July 15-26, 2019.
- I am NOT enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the time of application.
- Level of training and performance experience in contemporary dance
- Quality of work
- Demonstrated autonomy, curiosity and openness
- Depth and sincerity of interest in international experiences and network-building