The Goethe Pop Up Kansas City has an opening for a program coordinator: Full time position (100%) = 40 hours/week, in general 5 days per week (Monday – Friday), evening and weekend work necessary.
Start date: February 1, 2020, temporary position until December 31, 2020.
The Goethe Pop Up Kansas City is a temporary branch of the Goethe-Institut. The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
- Coordination, organization, and execution of cultural programs in close collaboration with the Managing Director of the Goethe Pop Up
- Communication and negotiation with partner organizations and cultural institutions in the USA and Germany
- Organizational and logistical support before and after events
- Hospitality Management
- Composition and production of texts for website and print (in German and English)
- Coordination of marketing activities/PR
- Budget monitoring, accounting, records management
- Mentoring interns
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
- Excellent written and oral language skills in German and English
- University degree (BA, MA or higher), humanities, arts management, or similar
- Great interest in and very good knowledge of contemporary art and culture in the U.S. and Germany
- Several years of work experience in the field of cultural programming and/or communications
- Excellent articulation skills - in both written and oral communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player; ability to work under stress
- Willingness for flexible hours; evening and weekend work necessary
- Very good computer skills and knowledge of all MS Office products
The Goethe-Institut offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance and other social benefits. The Goethe-Institut is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and guarantees gender equality. The Goethe-Institut will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please email your written application in German or English
with the following required documents
- Cover Letter (1/2 – 1 page max.)
- 2-3 references
Submission deadline: January, 30th, 2020
Goethe Pop Up Kansas City