Program will focus on: Water, Energy, Consumption and Fair Trade
Advanced training in Germany for up to 10 pairs of teachers during the summer of 2017.
Once again this year, the Goethe-Institut will offer ten days of advanced training for teacher teams:
One German teacher and one STEM teacher per school will travel to Germany.
The participants will be trained by several experts in various areas of sustainability.
Topics will include water, energy consumption and fair trade.
The participants will visit German Best Practice schools and will have the opportunity to converse and exchange ideas with other teachers.
The teacher teams will be introduced to new teaching methods and will develop interdisciplinary modules, lessons and projects while working side by side with sustainability experts.
Various excursions to the surrounding area (for example, Celtic Ring Wall, Luxemburg, Trier, Saarbrücken) will round off the program.
The training in the specialized subject areas will be in English.
- Only teams (one German teacher and one STEM teacher per school) can submit applications.
- German teachers: language level B2 or higher required
- Motivational letter (1-2 pages; written in German by German teachers and in English by STEM teachers): Please present your background knowledge regarding the topic of sustainability and how it is taught in your classes. Describe your motivation for wanting to participate in the project and your expectations regarding the study program.
- Recommendation written by your school principal
- After the seminar, the participants must develop teaching units and materials that will be published by the Goethe-Institut.The participants also confirm that they will give presentations or lead workshops relating to the seminar.
- Round trip plane ticket and travel in Germany included
- Complete Tuition
- Accommodations and meals at the Europäische Akademie Otzenhausen
- Training in the specialized subject areas by several experts on different topics within the field of sustainability.
- Cultural excursions
- Visits to Best Practice Schools and opportunities to converse and exchange ideas with other teachers.
Participation fee: 150€ (Euros) per person
Unfortunately, an application is no longer possible.
150 N Michigan Ave, Suite 200
Chicago, IL 60601
Tel: +1 312 263 0472
Fax: +1 312 263 0476
More information: www.teachingsustainability.org
The Project is sponsored by the Transatlantic Program of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany with funds from the European Recovery Program (ERP) of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy.