The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive image of Germany by providing information about cultural, social and political life in our nation.
Since 1972, the German American Partnership Program (GAPP) has supported short-term educational exchanges. Within GAPP, schools in the U.S. and Germany form long-term, sustainable partnerships. GAPP has recently launched its newly minted virtual exchange program, the German American Virtual Exchange (GAVE).
The Goethe-Institut New York in cooperation with the German American Partnership Program, Inc. seeks a full-time Administrative Officer to start as soon as possible.Full-time: 40 hours/week split evenly between Goethe-Institut New York & GAPP
Duration: Temporary until December 31, 2021 with the possibility of an extension
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please note: Because of the ongoing pandemic, the Goethe-Institut New York remains closed to the public and staff temporarily work remotely from home. At the moment, all of our language courses and cultural events take place online.
- Process invoices and manage bookkeeping program (SAP and QuickBooks)
- Maintain and update staff personnel files
- Support head of administration in personnel cost controlling
- Coordinate vacancy announcements of the institute
- Process travel expense reports
- Handle petty cash and cash payments
- Sort out inventory and handle procurement
- Support head of administration in property management and future renovation projects
- Organize orders and deliveries to/from Germany and within the U.S.
- Help coordinate administration team in supporting (virtual and/or in person) events
- Process grant applications for GAPP/GAVE program
- Maintain GAPP/GAVE school database, contacting potential new partner schools in the U.S.
- Valid work permit for the U.S. or green card
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office (esp. Excel)
- Experience with installing software, setting up printers as well as establishing drive connections
- Sound knowledge of relevant guidelines and regulations regarding travel expenses or willingness to acquire this knowledge
- Basic knowledge of the Goethe-Institut’s planning and management tools or willingness to acquire this knowledge
- Basic knowledge of SAP or willingness to acquire this knowledge
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent German and English language skills
- An attractive spectrum of responsibilities
- An interesting and diversified work environment
- Professional development
- Gross salary: $60,000 USD a year
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) via e-mail only to email@example.com.No phone calls please! No confirmation of application will be sent.
You'll find more information about the work of the Goethe-Institut New York at www.goethe.de/newyork.