Coordinator of Cultural Programs
The Goethe-Institut San Francisco has an immediate opening for a full-time Coordinator of Cultural Programs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Full time position/40h per week, in general 5 days per week (Monday - Friday), evening and in a few cases weekend work necessary.
- Coordination, organization and execution of cultural programs
- Assistance with the Berlin & Beyond Film Festival
- Communication and negotiation with partner organizations and cultural institutions in the USA and Germany
- Organizational and logistical support before and after events
- Hospitality Management
- PR/social media: Composition and production of texts for print, website and social media (in English and German)
- Mentoring interns
- Project planning, expense reports, budgeting and proposal writing
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
- Higher education degree
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English and German
- Very good knowledge of the German and U.S. cultural scene (Bay Area in particular)
- Several years of work experience in the field of cultural programming and/or communications
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent articulation skills - in both written and oral communication
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Strong ability to work in team
- Strong organizational skills
- Very good computer skills and knowledge of all MS Office products
- Desirable: Knowledge of graphics and image editing software programs (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop) desired
Applications in German language (CV and one or two references) will be accepted until December 16, 2018.
Please send your application to:
Goethe-Institut San Francisco
Sigrid Savelsberg, Director
"Bewerbung Sachbearbeitung Kulturprogramm"
530 Bush Street, Suite 204
San Francisco, CA 94108
Or by email to: