MANAGING DIRECTOR DEUTSCHLANDJAHR SEATTLE
Deutschlandjahr is a comprehensive and collaborative campaign financed by the German Federal Foreign Office, the Federation of German Industries (BDI), and the Goethe-Institut with the goal of presenting today’s Germany to people across the entire U.S. Deutschlandjahr will showcase how closely the two countries are linked by heritage, common values, and shared interests, illustrating how a brighter future is possible if we tackle global challenges together through focusing on dialogue, exchange, and cooperation between people.
In the context of Deutschlandjahr 2018/2019 we would like to bring an exciting cultural and educational program to Seattle. For this reason the Goethe-Institut San Francisco is looking for a Managing Director for its pop-up location in Seattle, Washington, from September 1st, 2018 to December 31, 2019.
Full-time fixed-term position/40h per week, in general 5 days per week (Monday - Friday), evening and in some cases weekend work necessary.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Coordination, organization and execution of cultural programs in the context of the Deutschlandjahr 2018/2019 campaign, including logistical support
- Communication and negotiation with partner organizations and cultural institutions in the USA and Germany
- Organizational and logistical support for Deutschlandjahr marketing and educational projects/exhibitions/roadshows
- Hospitality management • PR/social media: Composition and production of texts for print, website and social media (in English and German)
- Cultivation of contacts to media representatives and journalists
- Mentoring interns and overseeing temporary staff
- Project planning, expense reports, budgeting and proposal writing
- Reports to local headquarters in San Francisco
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Higher education degree
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English and German
- Very good knowledge of the local cultural scene in Seattle as well as the German and American cultural scene
- Several years of work experience in the field of event management and/or communications
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent articulation skills - in both written and oral communication
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Very good computer skills and knowledge of all MS Office products
- Desirable: Knowledge of graphics and image editing software programs (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop) desired
The Goethe-Institut offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance (for employees 30h/week+) and other social benefits. The Goethe-Institut is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and guarantees gender equality.
Applications in German language (letter of motivation up to 1 page), CV and one or two references) will be accepted through May 26, 2018.
Please send your application to:
Goethe-Institut San Francisco
" Bewerbung Seattle"
530 Bush Street, Suite 204
San Francisco, CA 94108
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org