Assistant Administrator Accounting
Full time position (100%) = 40 hours/week; start date immediately; permanent position.
The Goethe-Institut is the globally-active cultural institution of the Federal Republic of Germany, with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany through information on the cultural, social, and political life of our country. Our cultural and educational programs promote intercultural dialogue and make cultural participation possible. They strengthen the development of structures of civil society and facilitate worldwide mobility.
- Accounting in SAP
- Verification of financial supporting bills and receipts using BHO and HGB regulations
- Process checks through Quicken
- Performs weekly and monthly account reconciliations (SAP and Quicken)
- Prepares year end closing procedures and audits
- Plans and supervises asset requisitions from German to US accounts
- Monitor Debit Card charges
- Performs wires through SEPA (CPWeb)
- Assists in fiscal surveillance and planning
- Point of contact for bank related matters
- Issues rental agreement and invoices
- Assists in other administrative matters
- Knowledge of German financial accounting principles, administrative regulations, BHO and HGB
- Fluent in German and English
- Very good time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and dependability
- Good knowledge of Excel
The Goethe-Institut will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please email your application with the following required documents:
- Cover Letter (1/2 to at most 1 page)
- 2-3 References