Intern, “Year of Germany” Project USA
Part time position = 15-20 hours/week; Start date flexible; position for 3 months from start date with the potential for extension.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
In 2018/2019, the Goethe-Institut, together with several partners in Germany and the United States, coordinates the public diplomacy campaign “Deutschlandjahr USA” (The Year of German-American Friendship) to foster a transatlantic dialogue between the two countries. We are looking for motivated interns to help implement all aspects of the campaign, particularly in communications, project management, and partner management/PopUP Tour.
Please indicate in your application whether you have a preference for communications or project management. We will accept applications on a rolling deadline and will reach out if we would like to schedule an interview.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Writing, proofing, and editing communications materials (print and online)
- Writing online editorial content
- Supporting in the management and execution of projects taking place across the USA
- Translating between English and German
- Administrative and logistical support for all aspects of the campaign
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; experience in social media or photo editing a plus
- Experience with and interest in transatlantic relations preferred
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English; German skills preferred
- Team player, with a willingness for flexible hours and the ability to work under stress
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Please email your application with the following required documents:
- Letter of Motivation or Cover Letter (1/2 to at most 1 page)
- 2-3 References