Program Associate, Year of Germany USA
Full or part time position; Temporary position until December 31, 2019
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
Since October of 2018 the Goethe-Institut has been managing a special project to foster the transatlantic dialogue with hundreds of partners in Germany and the United States. We will host more than 1,500 events in all 50 states over the course of the Wunderbar Together campaign. We are looking for enthusiastic Program Associates to assist in managing, implementing, and closing out various projects nationwide. No minimum job experience required.
Ideal candidates are recent graduates looking for experience in an international public diplomacy campaign at a globally recognized cultural institution.
- Writing, proofing, and editing communications materials (print and online)
- Supporting in the management and execution of projects taking place across the USA
- Data management, entry, and evaluation
- Administrative and logistical support for all aspects of the campaign
- Financially monitoring and assisting in the close out of individual projects
- Possibility for travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; experience in social media or photo/ video editing a plus
- Experience with and interest in transatlantic relations preferred
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English; German skills preferred
- Team player, with a willingness for flexible hours and the ability to work under stress
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Translation experience preferred
Please email your application with the following required documents:
- Letter of Motivation or Cover Letter (1/2 to at most 1 page)
- 2-3 References