Project Manager “A Year of German Film”
Part time position (75%) = 30 hours/week
Start date September 16, 2019; temporary position until December 31, 2019.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
In 2018/2019, the Goethe-Institut, together with several partners in Germany and the United States, is coordinating the “Deutschlandjahr USA” celebrating German-American friendship, fostering a transatlantic dialogue between the two countries. One of the campaign’s projects is “Video on Demand / A Year of German Film”: an online library of 50 movies from different eras and genres. We are searching for a Washington DC-based project manager for “Video on Demand / A Year of German Film”.
- Project planning, expense reports, budgeting and proposal writing
- Administrative tasks, budget monitoring and procurement proceedings
- Assistance creating documentations and reports for the project’s evaluation
- Editorial work for the project’s website: editing text and pictures, overseeing translations into both German and English
- Entering content into the content management system
- Communication and negotiations with partners
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English and German
- Experience in project management software and administration
- Experience in journalism and work experience in an online editorial department
- Strong familiarity with photo editing, content management systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with cultural and societal topics in Germany and the US
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
The Goethe-Institut will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please email your application with the following required documents:
- Letter of Motivation (at most 1 page)