Language Program Officer
The Goethe-Institut Washington is seeking a
Language Program Officer
- Educational Liaison for German as a Foreign Language -
Part time position (50%) = 20 hours/week.
Start date October 15, 2017; temporary position until August 31, 2019; extension possible.
Qualified candidates may combine this position with the current job opening (50%) “OSKA Coordinator for the Region North America” at the Goethe-Institut Washington.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
The Language Department focuses on continuing education for teachers of German and student activities to promote German as a Foreign Language in close cooperation with our partners in the US educational system. The Goethe-Institut Washington offers German language courses and exams to learners of all levels.
Educational Liaison for German as a Foreign Language (Bildungskooperation Deutsch – BKD): Planning, organization and evaluation of language programs on a local level (DC VA WV MD DE) as well as on a regional level (USA, Canada, Mexico), including
- Marketing activities for German as a Foreign Language - German for Hire
- Student activities‘ projects – exhibition tours
- Cooperation with local schools with German programs incl. field trips to the Goethe-Institut
- Maintain data base German teachers
- Alumni programs
- Administer BKD ressource center
- Budget planning, monitoring, accounting; records management; content supervision and management of the Goethe-Institut website as related to these language programs
- Assist Director Language Programs Goethe-Institut North America
- Native speaker level in both German and English
- University degree (BA or higher), German as a Foreign Language or similar
- Teaching experience in the US, German as a Foreign Language or similar
- Experience in project management desired
- Marketing skills and management know-how desired
- Special expertise and competence in organization and communication; negotiation skills
- Team player; ability to work under stress
- Willingness for flexible hours and occasional travel for business or training purposes
- Working knowledge of all common MS Office products and willingness to work with different data bases and programs (e.g. SAP, InDesign)
The Goethe-Institut will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Submission deadline September 18, 2017. Please email your written application only with the following required documents:
- Cover Letter (1/2 – 1 page max.)
- 2-3 references