VUCA@Goethe Resilience Programme
We are living through unprecedented times in our globalised world with the emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic having not only shaken and taken lives, but also threatened livelihoods and economies on a dramatic scale. Now more than ever, there is a need to support social, creative, and cultural entrepreneurs in ways that respond to their challenges. Therefore, Goethe-Institut through the Cav’ Creative Economies Project and in partnership with Hub@Goethe have launched an intensive 3-month virtual programme.
The VUCA@Goethe programme is geared towards helping early-stage but seasoned creative, social, and cultural entrepreneurs to build resilient operations during this changing and volatile business environment. Many of us react to very challenging life experiences with a flood of strong emotions and uncertainty. Forging a path to resilience will enable entrepreneurs to withstand the challenging conditions. By framing the emerging business environment as VUCA – volatile, uncertain, changing, and ambiguous – this programme is built to assist to better navigate the entrepreneurial reality, and transition from surviving to thriving.
VUCA@Goethe Resilience Programme objectives:
- Enable you to name and describe the effects of Covid-19 on your business and develop the business language for your experience.
- Help you build a positive view of yourself and confidence in your strengths and abilities to respond to the challenges you have faced.
- Increase your understanding, ability, and capacity as a creative, cultural and/or social entrepreneur to make realistic recovery business development plans and steps to carry them.
- Develop your problem-solving skills, and craft an individualized, simple strategy to build a business that can move towards thriving.
- 5. Immerse you in a community of other social, creative, and cultural entrepreneurs to share ideas, debate perspectives, and ultimately contribute to an environment of safety and vulnerability.