Programming and Facilitator for resilience training
Da ausgezeichnetes Englisch eine Grundvoraussetzung für die Stelle ist, wird diese ebenfalls in Englisch ausgeschrieben.
Deadline for the submission of offers: May 24, 2021 – 18h00 SAST
The Goethe-Institut invites companies, such as business consultancies or training service providers etc. to bid for a contract to conceptualise and deliver an online resilience training programme for culture and creative entrepreneurs.
ContextCav’ Creative Economies is a Goethe-Institut project that aims to contribute to the creative and cultural industries in South Africa, through enabling creative organisations and small businesses towards income generation. The different activities aim to be a catalyst for furthering, enabling and improving income-generating opportunities for creative entrepreneurs through access to: skills-training, mentorship, relevant information and networks.
Cav’ Creative Economies comprises the two projects Cav’ Platform and Cav’ Township.
The training programme will be conducted in collaboration with Hub@Goethe. Hub@Goethe is a space at the Goethe-Institut and a mentorship programme for cultural and social entrepreneurs. The successful bidder will work in close collaboration with the Information & Library Department,
About the Goethe-InstitutAs the Federal Republic of Germany’s internationally active cultural institute, the Goethe-Institut promotes access to the German language, encourages international cultural cooperation and provides up-to-date information about Germany. With 157 institutes in 98 countries, as well as cooperative arrangements with partner establishments, the Goethe-Institut global network offers 1100 points of contact around the world.
The Covid-19 pandemic has put the businesses and livelihoods of many entrepreneurs at risk. Therefore, the Goethe-Institut Cav’ Creative Economies project is seeking to implement an online programme for entrepreneurs from the Culture and Creative Industries to help build their resilience and responsiveness to moments of challenges and change. We seek proposals and quotations from companies with experience in business training for creative industries to help startups to improve their resilience in times of crises.
The selected consultant will fulfil the following:
- Conceptualise and facilitate an innovative and responsive 3-months online training programme focused on resilience, preferably VUCA
- Training sessions have to be delivered online between July and October 2021.
- Prepare a call for applications to be published in June 2021 targeted at well established (social) enterprises from the Culture and Creative Industries in South Africa
- Selection of final candidates as part of a jury and according to a prior agreed upon catalogue of criteria
- Target numbers: 2 parallel cohorts of approx. 16 participants each
- Compilation of all online teaching materials and programme schedules within June 2021communication with participants
- Online training with a mix of classrooms, peer exchanges and self-learning
- Quality assurance throughout the implementation
- Narrative and financial report writing as well as cooperation in the PR and M&E process.
Essential elements of the proposal
- Maximum Bid/Tender amount: 500.000 ZAR for implementation (concept, training and reporting) between June and November 2021
- Overall concept and detailed training schedule, e.g. number of learning modules, learning outcomes, innovative teaching methods
- Detailed budget plan incl. different costs, e.g. for training materials, facilitators, trainees, online platform etc.
Qualifications of consultant
- Extensive experience with business / entrepreneurship training in the Culture and Creative Industries in South Africa
- Experience with delivering resilience training and a sound knowledge of resilience in an economic sense
- Previous work experience with Culture and Creative industries/ entrepreneurs in South Africa
Criteria for selection
A committee composed by the Goethe-Institut will evaluate the different bids submitted. Submissions after the deadline will not be considered. The Goethe-Institut reserves the right to ask for additional documentation after submission.
The evaluation consists of three parts: Price (30%), quality (e.g. relevant work experience) of proposed project team (20%), and quality of the offer (50%). The offer with the highest number of cumulative points across all three sections will be awarded. The companies must be available at short notice for on-site arrangements. Their employees should have specific local knowledge on the CCI.
Documents to be submitted
- Concept on resilience training for Culture and Creative Industries (CCI) entrepreneurs
- Sample of training schedule
- Self-declaration on previous experience within the CCI and on resilience training
Submission DeadlineOffers need to be submitted electronically (in one PDF) to Julia Scheller (Julia.Scheller@goethe.de) with the subject line “Resilience Training” no later than May 24, 2021 18h00 SAST. Late submissions will not be considered. The Goethe-Institut reserves the right to ask for additional documentation after submission.
For any queries, please contact: email@example.com until 14 May 2021. We will collect all questions and provide answers in a FAQ before the deadline on 24 May 2021. This information will be made available to everyone on the Goethe-Institut website.
Contact for further Enquiries
Julia Scheller, Project Manager Resilience Funds / M&E
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) and the Goethe-Institut promote the emerging market of cultural and creative industries in Africa and in the Middle East.