The Goethe-Institut Johannesburg has an 8-month free-lance position available for a project coordinator, working on cultural programmes in the Johannesburg office.
About the Goethe-Institut South AfricaThe Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany's cultural, social and political life. The Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg regulates the work in the Sub-Saharan countries. Its activities in this region have a special focus on strengthening the pan-African dialogue, and on promoting mobile access to information and education. For more information, visit www.goethe.de/johannesburg.
- Coordinating activities related to various projects, and reporting to the head of cultural programmes at the Goethe-Institut South Africa.
- Assisting with the organisation and execution of events
- Communication with all involved project partners and affiliates
- Performing administrative duties of Goethe-Institut projects and other duties as needed
- Good knowledge of the cultural scenes of South Africa
- Degree either in cultural studies or cultural project management
- Experience in project management, including budgets
- Minimum three (3) years relevant working experience
- Strong project management, coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent written skills in English and German
- Flawless attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Presence at the office space provided at the Goethe-Institut Johannesburg required
- Non-South African applicants need to have a valid work permit for South Africa
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and a short motivation letter exclusively by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8th of March 2021.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you haven’t received a reply after 22 March.