Da hervorragende Englischkenntnisse eine Grundvoraussetzung für die Stelle ist, ist diese in englischer Sprache veröffentlicht.
The Goethe-Institut Johannesburg has a position available for a full-time project coordinator, working on cultural programmes in the Johannesburg office. The contract is for 40 hours a week, and limited to a 1 year contract that could be extended for another year. The salary is based on the applicable remuneration scheme of the Goethe-Institut South Africa.
ABOUT THE GOETHE-INSTITUT SOUTH AFRICA
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany's cultural, social and political life. The Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg regulates the work in the Sub-Saharan countries. Its activities in this region have a special focus on strengthening the pan-African dialogue, and on promoting mobile access to information and education. For more information, visit www.goethe.de/johannesburg.
- conceptualisation, implementation and monitoring of the cultural programming
- establish a network with local partners and leading all communication with them
- coordinate the management and monitoring of prescribed project budgets according to Goethe-Institut guidelines
- prepare, write and submit reports to management (financial and narrative)
- manage contracting and billing processes for partners and service providers
- coordinate the implementation of relevant public relations
- Experience working on large-scale arts programmes
- Experience in administration, especially of cultural projects
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- In-depth understanding of operational aspects of arts projects
- Ability to work independently and willingness to travel
- Good knowledge of the cultural scenes of South Africa
- Well-versed in contemporary discourse and knowledgeable about art practice
- Cultural studies, cultural project management, arts or associated degree
- Knowledge of art scenes on the African continent and Germany is an advantage
- Being able to speak a number of official South African languages is an advantage
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant working experience
- Strong project management, coordination and organisational skills
- Excellent written skills in English
- German language skills are an advantage
- Flawless attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Presence at the office space provided at the Goethe-Institut Johannesburg required
- Non-South African applicants need to have a valid work permit for South Africa
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter exclusively by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 17 January 2023. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you haven’t received a reply by 5 February 2023.