Open Call Thessaloniki
Cultural Management Academy
Apply now for the CMA Thessaloniki 2018!
Goethe-Institut Thessaloniki in cooperation with Goethe-Institut Sofia, Goethe-Institut Sarajevo and Goethe-Institut Bucharest is pleased to announce
AN OPEN CALL
FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE
CULTURAL MANAGEMENT ACADEMY THESSALONIKI 2018
The 2018 Cultural Management Academy program will be held simultaneously in Thessaloniki, Sofia, Sarajevo and Bucharest and it includes in each city the following:
- 5-day intensive educational course in Thessaloniki with lectures, seminars, discussions and field trips with local and international professionals from the creative sector.
- An online library with academic material.
- An international network meeting held in Sofia in September 2018 with guest speakers on cultural management. During the conference, CMA participants will have the opportunity to present a personal academic paper.
- An Idea Camp, bringing together all participants from Thessaloniki, Sofia, Sarajevo and Bucharest during the international meeting.
- Upon successful completion of the Cultural Management Academy, Goethe-Institut will fund on competitive basis 6 start-up collaborative international projects with up to 5000 euros grant to fund their implementation.
Why to apply?The general theme of the program is ‘Innovative approaches to Cultural Management’. The course will engage aspiring cultural managers in understanding what is innovation in cultural industries and how to achieve it inside cultural organizations in a lean, practice-based and easily replicable learning framework. The CMA will help participants acquire new skills to support their creative projects and initiatives by examining the relationships and tensions between the artistic mission and the economic aspect of an organization’s work. After completing the course, they will be able to develop ideas into sustainable business projects, to identify and communicate with their audiences and to sharpen their productivity in cultural management.
They will be offered an excellent opportunity to build up their cross-border international network with the other CMA participants in Sofia, Sarajevo and Bucharest, to build their portfolio as speakers at international meeting. Additionally, they will have the chance not only to develop a new collaborative international project but to receive funding to implement it.
An intensive 5-day on-site course in Thessaloniki with Greek and international lecturers and practitioners.
What to expect?
A great group of like-minded professionals from Greece, Bulgaria, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Romania.
Individual and group work, peer-to-peer learning, online support and personal mentoring.
27 June – 01 July - 5-day of intensive on-site training at Thessaloniki Goethe Institute
02 – 25 July - Call for abstracts to be de developed into papers for the international meeting
September - International meeting, networking events and Idea Camp to facilitate the development of collaborative cross-border projects
October - Call for proposals for collaborative projects to be funded
Cultural sector professionals, including literature, design, music, theater, film, architecture
Who can apply?
Curators, museum and gallery managers, librarians, music promoters and programmers
Representatives of relevant city administrations, foundations, community centers, NGOs
Graduates in the area of cultural management
Graduates of another area with work experience in the cultural field
Professionals with junior management experience in cultural or youth initiatives through volunteering or professional work
Successful candidates should be fluent in English.
Tuition: 200 EUROS, which includes:
- the 5-day intensive course
- 3-day international meeting and networking events;
- training materials;
- access to online academic material;
- expert assessment of individual work;
- mentoring/consultations with local professionals;
- opportunity to be a speaker at the international meeting;
- participation in an Idea Camp;
- opportunity to develop a new collaborative cross-border project and receive funding of 2,500 EURO for it.
- Lunch meals during the 5-day intensive course
- Travel arrangements, housing and meals during the 3-day international meeting in Sofia, Bulgaria
How to apply?
- Expression of interest (max 300 words) setting out your motivation and a project you would like to develop further and to possibly find partners for through the academy
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Additional materials such as portfolio, links etc. (if applicable)