PROGRAM in THESSALONIKI / GREECE
Freiraum’s second phase will be launched on October 19th-22nd 2019 in Thessaloniki in collaboration with our local partner ArtBOX. During an internal workshop and three public events, 15 Freiraum partners will discuss to the topic „Post Europe“ and more.
30/09 - 2/10
7 - 11/10
Public performances of the “Dreaming in and for Europe” by Thomas Velissaris [Various public spaces in the center of Thessaloniki]
Check-in at the hotel Porto Palace
20:00 - Welcome Dinner / Restaurant
Day 1: Founding function [LABattoir]
Freiraum Partners [closed meeting]
10:00 Get-together and recap
10:00 - 12:00 Goal of the Freiraum network, expectations, manifesto
12:00 - 13:00 Input Iskra Geshoka (Skopje)
13:00 - 15:00 Lunch break (catering)
Conference / Post Europe [Open to the public / Live broadcasted]
17:00 - 21:00
Live link: http://www.artbox.gr/
- Introduction. The Three Main Concepts: Commons / Post Industrial Design / Art For Social Change by Sotirios Bahtsetzis.
- The FREIRAUM Concept by ArtBOX / The tools
- Commoning by Stavros Stavridis (video lecture or live)
- Post-Industrial Design by Max Speilmann or Sotirios Bahtsetzis
- Solidarity Economy / Degrowth by George Melissos. Art for Social Change by Stephanie Bertrand.
- Maria Papadimitriou. A Case Study / Victoria Sq Project [Reference: http://victoriasquareproject.gr].
- The Mobile Stage as a Tool. A discussion with Giannis Paraskevopoulos, Thomas Velissaris, Thanasis Kritsakis, Bilal Yilmaz, on the Mobile Stage as a tool for Social Innovation. Statements and discussion. Presentation of the public event “Dreaming in and for Europe” that will be presented the next day (video) + Live Music Performance that will be presented on the 21st (video). Gianna Tsokou (Moderator). [Reference: Freevolous City Stage Workshop by Thomas Velissaris: https://vimeo.com/353546607 & Mobile Stage as a Tool: https://vimeo.com/353545103]
- "Looking at Post-Europe from the borders of Europe". A discussion between Carlisle / Jane Dudman and Kavala / tba (IMARET)
- Jeanne van Heeswijk (tbc)
Public Event #1:
Performance / Installation by Elli Chrysidou [LABattoir]
Day 2: Thematic approach [LABattoir]
Freiraum Partners / Post Europe [closed meeting]
10:00 - 12:00 : Focus group: discussion between the participants and Anke Schad (evaluator of FREIRAUM)
12:00 - 13:00 : Input Post Europe: Overview on the current situation in Europe by Vasiliki Grammatikogianni, Greek journalist
13:00 - 14:30 Lunch break (catering)
14:30 - 16:00 : Input Edit Pula, Input Prokop Cech, Input Milan Zvada - reports from the different countries Discussions
16:00 - 18:00 : Pitch of own projects by the partners
18:00 - 20:00 : Free time
Public Event #2:
20:00 Performance “Dreaming in and for Europe” by Thomas Velissaris [Port of Thessaloniki]
Day 3: Trainings [LABattoir]
Freiraum Partners / Post Europe [closed meeting throughout the day]
10:00 - 12:00 Training session on European Funding programmes by Simone Rudolf (EU office, Goethe-Institut Brüssel)
12:00 - 13:00 Questions, sharing experience on European projects among partners, developing common ideas
13:00 - 14:30 Lunch Break (catering)
14:30 - 17:30 Training sessions by partners / pitching of further ideas, projects
17:30 - 18:30 Free time
Public Event #3:
20:00 - “Party For Social Change” - one night installation with light and live electronic music performance [LABattoir] [19:00-20:00 open soundcheck]
Day 4: Closing Session [LABattoir] & Departure of participants
10:00 - 13:00 Conclusion, Nextsteps, Ideas for Workshop 2 in Bratislava
13:00 - 15:00 Lunch and departures
All public sessions will be live broadcasted.
All closed sessions will be documented on video. Or broadcasted for the FREIRAUM Partners only. In that way they can participate by sending questions and/or comments.
All events and actions will be documented on video by the same filmmaker that will document all cities.
All events and actions will be photo documented by a local photographer.
Coffee and snacks will be available during the sessions. Coffee breaks will be included in the final program.
In the space:
Poetry AR [Exhibition open to the public]
Video lectures (Cultural Entrepreneurship Hub by Goethe-Institut & LABattoir)
Chill out space
Installation by Elli Chrysidou