The German Film Office is currently seeking an experienced
Social Media Manager
to join our team starting October 2022 in a remote, freelance capacity.
The German Film Office is an initiative of the Goethe-Institut and German Films. Based in New York, we collaborate with local partners to bring the best of contemporary and repertory films from Germany to U.S. audiences. We are @kinogermanynow on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- College education (BA);
- Professional experience with Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter content management including paid ads;
- Familiarity with social media management platforms including Hootsuite and Meta Business;
- Excellent editorial skills – German language skills welcome but not required;
- Basic photo editing skills;
- Knowledge of foreign film – familiarity with German films welcome but not required;
- Experience working with arts/film organizations
- Will manage our social media platforms, keep them up to date, and engage our followers;
- Will develop a social media strategy with us and help us expand our target audience, particularly its younger segments;
- Is a reliable, independent worker who juggles multiple platforms simultaneously and is finely attuned to their individual requirements and nuances;
- Is both a creative thinker and able to translate ideas into action while meeting all deadlines
- Regularly post as @kinogermanynow on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter (multiple posts per week including Stories);
- Upload trailers to YouTube as needed;
- Develop strategies to promote special film programs with boosted posts, paid ads, campaigns, Stories, Facebook events etc.;
- Research and post information about German film events in the U.S.: new releases (theatrical and streaming); Academy Award nomination process in the category Best International Feature Film; German films on the U.S. festival circuit; any special events, retrospectives, tributes involving films and/or filmmakers from Germany;
- Prepare social media schedule based on news and events listed in the monthly German Film Office newsletter, including paid ads and boosted posts;
- Make sure to post a range of formats, including photo and video, interviews, trailers, event reminders, film news, film recommendations etc. in a language that appeals and engages our target audience;
- Communicate with followers, i.e. monitor comments, respond to direct messages, keep track of retweets;
- Compile monthly performance metrics of the various platforms
Please email your resume, one-page vision of your contribution to @kinogermanynow, and salary expectations to email@example.com by September 30. No phone inquiries, please.