Young urbanists who join “RTUS Ideathon” will share their ideas and develop a group as “youth forum” to build up a mechanism that support youth participation in urban community development.
Young Urbanists (in the age of 18-25) from Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, Kanchanaburi, Had Yai and Bangkok will participant in “RTUS-IDEATHONS” to sharing ideas on how to improve or change the cities, and how youth could promote their participation in these issues.
Application Details and Conditions
- Aged between 18-25 who are interested in city/ urban issues and would like to make social impacts in their city.
- Selected participants are committed to participate to the three day ideathon workshop and other activities of the group or ReThink Urban Spaces.
- The representatives of the city group will attend three incubation workshops. The first workshop will take place in the last quarter of 2021, and the other two in 2022.
- One representative from each city will participate in a study trip to 4 European cities in mid-2022.
- The selected applicants will join the youth forum in their own cities and work in supporting youth participation in the urban development.
- The expenses incurred during the ideathon will be borne by the organizers (food, accommodation and travel, etc.)
- The schedule and programs are subject to change due to the situation.
The application is now closed.
The selection result will be announced via E-mail.
Ideathons open spaces for interested young urbanist for getting to know each other, exchange thoughts and concerns on urban areas, learn from and share ideas with each other, without any competition.
During the activity, the youth will learn how to see their city, in many dimensions, participate city walk to derive direct experiences in their own area, get to know and exchange perspectives with city stakeholders. At the end, the participants will combine all experiences to draft the plan in order to work together for the further step.
Day 1: Icebreaking, introduction to RTUS Project and the programme, exchange on interest, wishes, experiences and expectations.
Day 2: Knowledge on city and urban area, its background, the city in different dimensions, “City-Walk” in small groups to explore and develop ideas on urban development.
Day 3: Discussion with city stakeholders on opportunities in implementations of ideas, forming a youth city forum to create spaces for participation in urban development and plan for the next step.
Due to the current Covid situation, some of the activities will be held online.
- Orientation Weekend: 27 - 29 August 2021 RTUS: Orientation Weekend (Programme in Thai only)
- Incubation Workshop I: November 2021
- EU-Thai Youth Exchange Webinar: December 2021
- Incubation Workshop II: February 2022
- Start Youth project trial: February 2022
- EU-Thai Youth Exchange Webinar: April 2022
- Study Trip to Europe (group representative): May 2022
- Incubation Workshop III: July 2022
- ReThink Urban Spaces Youth Festival: November 2022
- Urban Youth Policy Forum: Early 2023
- Only complete applications will be considered. (Online application form and submission of video introduction not more than 3 minutes) via Email
- The selection committee consists of representatives from Goethe-Institut Thailand, Thai Civic Education Foundation, Child and Youth Media Foundation and RTUS project expert team.
- The applicant believes that, social change is possible, aims to improve the city, in which he/she is living in and is able to participate project activities.
- Applicants have been notified of the selection via E-mail. There are 83 selected participants from 5 cities.