Teams of students explore the ecological situation in their place of residence, street or school. With concrete ideas and actions, they draw the public's attention to the existing ecological situation.
- What are the problems in my community? Who is affected?
- What has already been done to solve the problems?
- Define the project goal: What should be achieved with the project?
- What are other schools or communities doing?
- Can ideas from Germany and other countries be transferred to Australia?
- What can we learn from experts?
- Develop and carry out the action
- Exchange and build networks
- Inform the public
These worksheets help the students to prepare and carry out their own environmental project.
The students can network with young people from other parts of the world and exchange ideas via the Facebook page "Umwelt macht Schule".
If you would like to continue to include the topic of sustainability in your German lessons, you can find more material here.