What is particularly important to you in your life, when do you feel enthusiasm -what are you passionate about? From the small, everyday things to the really big questions-in a short video, we have asked you to present what concerns, moves, impresses or even worries you.
A jury hasselected the best entries. There were great prizes for the winners.
The closing date for entries was 23 November, 2022.
Congratulations to the winners!
First Place: "Kunst als Lebensmittel"
Ariadne Kalakou, Eleni Hatziyianni, Katerina Kyriakidou
Second Place: "Unsere Welt"
Sofia Christodoulides, Kyriaki Christodoulides
In a group of two or three persons, you had to produce a short video in German that presents what you are passionate about! You could choose any topic that interests you-it could be a hobby, a daily activity or a broader topic that is of concern to society.
Your contribution could be humorous, imaginatively thought-provoking, or critical. Anything was possible!
Please consider the following:
- Voice recording and texts had to be in German.
- Your video clip had to be 2–3 minutes long in total and not larger than 2GB.
- The video had to be in landscape format.
You can enter the competition if you are 13–18 years old and are studying German at a public or private school/institution. Your level of German can be anywhere from A1 to C2. Your teachers can help with the task!
Your video would be considered for the competition if it was submitted within the deadline and if you had complied with all the criteria. Criteria included the length, format and use of unlicensed music and images that are not copyrighted.
The top three videos won great prizes:
1st prize: shopping voucher from ‘Public’, worth €400.
2nd prize: shopping voucher from ‘Public’, worth €250
3rd prize: shopping voucher from ‘Public’, worth €150.
You could also win backpacks and other smaller gifts from the Goethe-Institut.
What counted for the jury was originality, creative ideas, clarity, personal contribution, the appropriate use of the German language (spoken or written), comprehensibility and the cinematic execution of the video. The winners were announced on 28 November, 2022.
The jury consists of the Weeks of the German Language organizers, a teacher from the Goethe-Institut Cyprus and a media expert.
The best videos will be published on the Goethe-Institut Cyprus YouTube channel and website. For this, we need a written declaration of consent from one of your legal guardians.
If you use music or images, make sure they are not copyrighted. You will find some recommendations under ‘helpful links’.
Your project file must specify your project title and name (e.g. Wofurbrennstdu_video title_name). This makes it easier for us to identify your contribution.
Get together as a team and produce a video in German by using a mobile phone or camera. Your teachers can help with this.
When your video is ready, please fill out the registration form. Upload your video to wetransfer.com
in order to create a transfer link. Insert the link into the registration form. The video must not exceed 2GB. You will find recommendations on how to compress the video under ‘helpful links’.
Important: In order to take part in the competition, you need a declaration of consent from your legal guardians.
Please download the declaration of consent and verify it with your signature. Upload the completed and signed declaration of consent as a PDF or JPG file.
- You can enter the competition if you are between the ages of 13-18 and live in Cyprus
- The submitted video must not be longer than three minutes (03:00)
- Attention: You may not use (chart) music or images that you simply downloaded from the internet. If you want to use music in the video, you must first determine whether and how it can be used, and name the composer and the source at the end of the film.
- Everyone who appears in your video must agree to it.
- A jury decides on the winners. The jury’s decision is binding for all participants and cannot be contested.
- In order for your contribution to be published on the Goethe-Institut’s website and social media, we ask you to send a corresponding declaration of consent from your parents via the registration form.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to the terms and conditions.
Do you still have any questions?
Do you still have any questions about the competition? If so, write an email to
The competition was supported by Schoeller Holdings Ltd.