Precautionary and hygiene measures
Precautions and hygiene measures at language courses, examinations, cultural events and for visitors at the Goethe-Institut Cyprus
In accordance with the official measures against the pandemic, until 31 January 2021 all our language courses are taking place online and our cultural events are postponed. Our Language Course Office is open Monday-Friday from 2 pm to 7 pm. Visits to our Language Course Office are by appointment only.
The language courses are held at the Goethe-Institut Cyprus from September 2020 to January 2021 under strict precautionary and hygienic measures.
The hygiene concept takes into account the current requirements of the Cypriot Ministry of Health and is constantly updated in line with the latest announcements. They also apply to the public in the language office and in the event hall.
We kindly ask all visitors to the institute to adhere to the distance and hygiene rules.
Language Courses and Examinations
- In all face-to-face courses and exams, wearing a mask is obligatory for employees as well as for course and exam participants.
- Course and exam participants must disinfect their hands when entering and exiting the classroom. Necessary disinfectants are made available.
- Each course and exam participant has their own table.
- Minimum distance between tables is one meter. Minimum distance to the teacher is two meters.
- The joint use of pens etc. is not permitted.
- There must be no "group gatherings" during the breaks.
- Group work with close contact does not take place.
- At least one window must remain open during the lesson.
- Those who accompany students and exam participants to the institute are asked to leave the premises as soon as possible and should not be in the corridors of the institute under any circumstances.
- After each lesson/exam session, the tables, chairs, door handles and pens are disinfected.
Classroomregulations for Young children and Teens
- All children must bring the following materials from home: scissors, glue, crayons. If the children do not have these items with them, the Goethe-Institut will provide the material. Our teachers disinfect it before and after class.
- Parents are not allowed to come to the Goethe-Institut premises with their children, but leave their children at the southern entrance gate (at the checkpoint) for pickup. The children are picked up by the respective teacher and brought to the classroom.
- For the courses ELL0 and BIL0 (kindergarten), there is at least ten square meters of space available for three children.
Regulations for Visitors / Cultural Events
- Any visits to the Goethe-Institut Cyprus are only permitted by prior arrangement by telephone or email
- Personal registrations for courses or exams can be made only by appointment during the new opening hours of the Language Course Office, which are from Monday-Friday 2 pm to 7 pm.
- When entering the building, visitors should disinfect their hands and wait for an employee to invite them in.
- Hand disinfectants are available at the entrance.
- Access to the language course office is only permitted to one person.
- Masks are compulsory for both employees and visitors in the office and at events.
- At events, no more than 40 people are permitted in the event hall.