Due to the current situation, the Goethe-Institut London is closed to the public until further notice. All film screenings during this time are cancelled or postponed.
Ostwind | Photo: © Tom Trambow SamFilm
German classes of all year levels are cordially invited to visit the Goethe-Institut to enjoy a film in our cinema.
Bring your pupils to a fairy tale screening and let them immerse themselves in the world of fairy tales full of brave heroes, beautiful princesses and mean stepmothers!
Or bring them to watch one of our other fantastic movies.
List of movies available:
- Cinderella (Aschenputtel)
- The Wishing Table (Tischlein deck dich)
- Mother Hulda (Frau Holle)
- The Brave Little Tailor (Das Tapfere Schneiderlein)
- Snow White (Schneewittchen)
- The Town Musicians of Bremen (Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten)
- Rapunzel (Rapunzel)
- Puss in Boots (Der gestiefelte Kater)
- The Frog King (Der Froschkönig)
- Das Wunder von Bern
- Pünktchen und Anton
- Das fliegende Klassenzimmer
- Sophie Scholl - Die letzten Tage
- Good Bye Lenin
- Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei
- Der ganz große Traum
- Rico, Oskar und die Tieferschatten
- Das Leben der Anderen
- Soul Kitchen
All movies are screened in German with English subtitles. There are additional resources and short summaries available for all movies here
Please let us know if you have a particular film request, then we will check availability in our archive.
Film Screenings in London
Please register by sending an email attaching the following form to: email@example.com
If you and your class want to organise a whole day excursion, you can do a prepared quiz
through one of the surrounding museums (Victoria and Albert Museum or Science Museum) after the film screening.
Our cinema can seat up to 70 pupils. For groups not larger than 25 people we can combine your visit with a tour through our library on request.
Film Screenings in Glasgow
Selected films for pupils are regularly screened at the Goethe-Institut in Glasgow. Please check our Calendar of Events
or subsribe to our Newsletter