In twelve African countries!
#libraryselfie2020 – a project that is organized by Library Aid Africa in partnership with the Goethe-Institut – will kick start in twelve African countries this June.
The online initiative, which started in 2018, uses social media to create awareness about the importance of libraries as spaces for reading and learning in over ten African countries, namely: Ghana, Namibia, Uganda, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Togo, Republic of Benin, Mali, Zimbabwe, Malawi, and Liberia.
Who can participate:
- Participation in #libraryselfie2020 is exclusive to library users only.
- Librarians are not eligible to participate in #libraryselfie2020.
- Librarians are to guide library users on how to participate in #libraryselfie2020.
How to participate:
Please note: the Call for Entries will be open from June to July 2020
- Take a selfie while reading with your family or in your home library.
- Upload it on your Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account with the hashtag #libraryselfie2020
- Mention/ tag Library Aid Africa and your location (city & country) to facilitate tracking.
The three library selfies with the highest likes in each country will be selected and awarded a prize! The winners of #libraryselfie2020 will be announced on the 8th of September. They will receive their prizes - a membership card to a public library, a movie ticket and a goody bag – during a Prize-giving Event that will take place in a public library close to them on the 28th of September.
To receive the newest updates and to stay tuned, please follow the social media platforms of Library Aid Africa:
About Library Aid Africa:
Library Aid Africa: is a not-for-profit organization with the mission to revamp libraries in Africa to increase their societal impact. The organization focuses on access to information through pragmatic initiatives, which are designed to create awareness and resuscitate libraries in schools and communities. We operate from Nigeria, with partners and volunteer presence in 12 African countries: Ghana, Namibia, Uganda, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Togo, Republic of Benin, Mali, Zimbabwe, Malawi, and Liberia.