About the Fund
The Sound Connects Fund will support projects and activities that facilitate the rapid production and distribution of high-quality goods within and outside the region, increase capacities among professionals, support rapid mobility and exchange among creators, enhance access to new markets, develop visual literacy (especially among underrepresented groups), promote advocacy aimed at protecting the interests of creators and support the existence of sustainable financing structures.
- To contribute to economic and social development of Southern Africa.
- To accelerate development and increased capacity of the cultural and creative sectors in Southern Africa.
- Improve the capacity of creative professionals, leaders, and organisations;
- Enhance practitioners’ contribution to the social and economic development of the cultural and creative sectors.
- Improve access to financing;
- Support the creation of high quality content, goods and services;
- Increase visibility, exchange and access to key markets.
SCF is implemented by the Music In Africa Foundation (MIAF) in partnership with Goethe-Institut and is made possible with funding from the ACP-EU Culture programme, a project implemented by the Organisation of the African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS) and the European Union (EU).