Mein Ort in Deutschland
What makes a place on a map into a special place in our lives? In this project, we would like to invite you to discover places in Germany that are the favourites of people all over the world. For this competition, over 1200 people from all over the world proposed the places in Germany that had made an impression on them because of the atmosphere, people they met there or ideas. Now you can discover the winners’ favourite places – as well as all the other places suggested – on the interactive map of Germany.
The winning entries were selected by an interdisciplinary jury and the public were invited to vote for their favourite.
Jury members (in alphabetical order):
- Johannes Ebert, Secretary-General of the Goethe-Institut
- Dr. Andreas Görgen, Head of the Culture and Communication department at the Foreign Office
- Michaela Hueber, Managing Partner at the Hueber Verlag publishing house
- Mayor Dr. Eva Lohse, President of the German Association of Cities and Towns
- Prof. Dr. Martina Löw, Professor of Architecture and Planning Sociology, TU Berlin
- Saša Stanišić, author
DRAFT LESSON PLANS FOR CLASSROOM TEACHINGYou can use this material to incorporate the interactive “Mein Ort in Deutschland” map of Germany into your lessons.
- New: Lesson module 3: (approx. 45 min) for German students from Level B1 (with exercises on a culture theme – from literature to dining culture)
- Lesson module 1 (approx. 45 min) for German students working at Level A2/B1 (with reading comprehension exercises activation of vocabulary to describe places and instructions on how to address topics covered in the competition entries)
- Lesson module 2 (approx. 45 min) for advanced learners of German from Level B1 (building on module 1; with advanced comprehension exercises and an introduction to creative writing)