Honorarlehrkraft für Kinderkurse
am Goethe-Institut Sydney
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institution of the Federal Republic of Germany operating worldwide. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. Our international field of activity requires a great openness to other cultures and a high intercultural competence. At our institutes in Sydney and Melbourne, we offer high quality German language courses and internationally recognised German language examinations.
Interest in working and studying in Germany has increased considerably in recent years. And so has the demand for German courses and teachers of German as a foreign language.
Amongst many other courses, we are experiencing a high demand in courses for children.
The Goethe-Institut Sydney is seeking Casual Educators for two afternoons per week.
- Pre-school or early childhood teaching experience
- German native speaker or native speaker competence (C2 level)
Training/ Observing lessons
- In order to become a casual teacher at the Goethe-Institut, a minimum of four teaching sessions will be spent observing established courses
- Conducting a trial lesson under the observation of a casual teacher at the Goethe-Institut. This includes the opportunity of a briefing and debriefing
A valid Australian work visa is a requirement for casual employment
Remuneration: Starting from AUD 56.00 per hour including casual loading, plus 10% superannuation.
What the Goethe-Institut can offer you
- Ongoing training and development
- Work within a close-knit supportive, experienced and friendly team
- Well-equipped classrooms and the Goethe-garden for outdoor projects
- Beautiful Woollahra location, easily accessible by bus and train
- On-site parking available
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.