Richard is a Filipino citizen (son of an Ilocana mother from San Fernando, La Union and a Tagalog father from Dagupan City, Pangasinan) and a proud Ateneo de Manila University allumnus (Class of 1983). He lives in Baltimore, Maryland and works as an independent documentary filmmaker and freelance photojournalist for online media such as edgewashington.com.
- Master of Fine Arts in Film and Electronic Media (MFA), American University School of Communication, Washington, DC (2010)
- Master of Liberal Arts (MLA) , Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (2004)
- Master of Arts in Theology, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Steubenville, OH (1987 - Comprehensive Exam passed with honors)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Ateneo de Manila University (Jesuit), Philippines (1983)
- Lourdes High School (OFM Cap. Franciscan) Quezon City, Philippines (1979)
- Politics of U.S. Occupation (2011, 31 min, Producer, Writer, Director, Editor and Camera person)
- Official Selection (Short Film Category) at the 7th Aljazeera International Documentary Film Festival 2011 Doha, Qatar
- Official Selection at the 4th Pandayang Lino Brocka Political Film and New Media Festival 2012 University of the Philippines Film Center, Quezon City, Philippines
- Sleeper (2008, Co-producer)
- Winner of the 2008 Television, Internet and Video Association-DC (TIVA-DC) Peer Gold Award in the Student Dramatic Category.
- Bolivian Dream (2008, Co-producer, co-writer, co-director and co-shooter)
- Aired on January 2008 MHZ Network Interstitials Virginia Public Television