for the Teaching Training programme commencing in summer of 2023 is the 31.10.2022.
Please send your application along with your bio-data to:
The teacher training programme “Grünes Diplom” of the Goethe-Institut for teaching German as a foreign language to adult learners consists of four phases, as well as an internship programme with focus on specific aspects of teaching methodology.
Phase1: Introduction (internship programme) consists of the following:
- German Language Teaching at The Goethe-Institut
- Introduction to the Techniques of Classroom Observation
- Role of a Teacher and Teaching Activities
- Teaching Grammar
- Vocabulary Training
- Receptive Skills
- Productive Skills
- Phonetics and Pronunciation
- Lesson Planning
- Quality Standards of Teaching at The Goethe-Institut
Phase 1 comes to a close with Team Teaching or Micro-Teaching for about 30 minutes. This shall demonstrate whether the participant is eligible to continue with the training programme.
Phase 2: The DLL-programme “Learning to teach German”
In this phase the participants work on the Modules 1 to 6 of the DLL-programme “Learning to teach German” (“Deutsch Lehren Lernen”). They do this via the distance learning mode on the learning platform of the Goethe-Institut supplemented by face-to-face teaching sessions and video conferencing. In an introductory session, be it online or a face-to-face session, the participants will be briefed about the concept of the DLL-programme and the learning platform.
- DLL 1:Teaching Competencies and Lesson Designing
- DLL 2: How Does One Learn The Foreign Language German?
- DLL 3: German as a Foreign Language
- DLL 4: Tasks, Assignments, Exercises, Interactions
- DLL 5: Teaching Materials and Media
- DLL 6: Prescribed Curricula and Lesson Planning Action Research
The participants carry out an Action Research Experiment (“Praxiserkundungsprojekt PEP”) in small groups to each of the six modules of the DLL-programme. During the course of this project the participants have the possibility of observing actual classroom teaching or observing digitally recorded teaching lessons. This enables them to reflect on the methodology and identify new methods. These findings are then presented and discussed in a face-to-face session or via video conferencing. Thereafter a written documentation of the Action Research Project has to be handed over to the trainer individually and the trainer sends the participant a standardized feedback in writing.
Completion of Phase 2
This phase concludes with a Knowledge Test encompassing all the six modules via the learning platform of the Goethe-Institut. The result is included in the overall score.
Demonstration Lesson 1
At the end of this phase, the participants are required to teach 2 units of 45 minutes each in the level A1 to demonstrate the didactical knowledge acquired. The result of this is included in the overall score.
On successful completion of this phase he/she may at discretion of the training team be given a class in the level A1 and thereafter complete the remaining part of the training while teaching/working.
After phase 2 the participants are sent to Germany for two weeks to participate in a cultural seminar. The purpose of this seminar is to update their language skills and to expand and gain intercultural competence.
During phase 2 or at the end of phase 2 of the Teacher Training Programme the participants shall be initiated in the following and wherever needed, this shall conclude with a certification:
- Tests and Examinations
- Digital Media in German Language Teaching
- Intercultural Learning in Foreign Language Teaching
- Language Proficiency-Level C2
- „ Prüferzertifikat” (The Examiner Certificate) for the Levels A1 to B1
- Online Training in accordance with the requirements of the regional institute such as:
Demonstration lesson 2:
- The Moodle Training
- The Online “Tutorierungsschulung” – effective tutoring of online courses
- The Online Training on working with Interactive Whiteboards and iPads.
At the end of this phase, the participants are required to teach 2 units of 45 minutes each in the level A2. The result is of this included in the overall score.