Learning German together - exciting exchange and individual learningContact us
This how it works
You will get access to our online platform where you will find the online part of your chosen course. This online part includes motivating and varied exercises, "flash cards" to practice vocabulary, and summaries of all important grammar structures and phrases that you will learn during the course.
Most online activities are carried out individually. But there are also some task types that are interactive, where you exchange ideas with your study group on the online platform. These group activities include, for example, small texts about your hobbies, interests or upcoming events. You will also take part in group discussions and comment on the texts of your learning partners.
Support from the teacher
Your online tutor gives you weekly training tasks that you can work through flexibly at your own pace within the respective week. These assignments will prepare you for the weekly face-to-face sessions where you will meet with your class.
Online classes in live sessions
You meet your teacher and the other participants in several lessons in your virtual classroom. There, German is specifically practiced.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will have access to our online platform, where you will find the online portion of the course. This section of online learning includes engaging learning activities, online flash cards to study vocabulary, and summary sheets of all important grammatical structures and phrases you will encounter.
Your instructor will assign weekly exercises intended to be completed at your own pace within a given week. These exercises will prepare you for your online live sessions in which you will meet with your class.
Most online activities will involve working individually, but will also include interactive tasks where you will engage with the entire learning group. These group activities may include posting about your hobbies, interests or upcoming events while also engaging with classmates by leaving comments on their posts.
The weekly study time is divided into two parts:
- 90/180 minutes a week of live group classes
- 90/180 minutes of independent online learning
- A Windows or Mac desktop or laptop computer. We do not recommend using tablets, cell phones, or other mobile devices for this course.
- A dedicated headset (headphones and microphone). If you use the built-in speakers and microphone on your laptop, you and other students in your class may experience an undesirable echo effect.
- Please don't login via the browser, but download the free Zoom application before you join an online live session. (Your online tutor will send you the link.)