University advice service
Did you know that a hundred years ago 50% of people studying abroad were studying in Germany? Germany has attracted people looking for a first-class education ever since.
There are good reasons for studying in Germany:
- Excellence in research and teaching
- A wide and varied range of study options
- No or low tuition fees.
- Special support and mentoring of foreign students
- Wide range of leisure activities at universities and many different opportunities off-campus to enjoy sport, culture or numerous other activities
- Good career opportunities in Germany after graduating.
- With about 100 million native speakers, German is the most widely-spoken language in Europe. The strengths of the German economy and its increasing global significance make German a language which is becoming ever more important in the world market.
International courses of studiesMany German universities offer courses leading to an internationally recognised qualification, covering a wide range of options: undergraduate, graduate und postgraduate courses (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD). All courses maintain high academic standards and are well organised; they are taught in English and supplemented with German courses.
The DAAD Information Centre in Yaoundé
The DAAD Information Centre created in 2009 serves Cameroon entirely. Its role is to represent the DAAD, which is an association of German institutes of higher education, in Cameroon. The Information Centre mainly informs students, lecturers and Cameroonian researchers on German universities and scientific institutions. We also make DAAD scholarship programmes available in Cameroon and guide candidates during the application process.