The Goethe-Institut Los Angeles is currently seeking volunteers for German Currents 2015 – 9th Annual Festival of German Films Los Angeles, presented by BMW.
Each fall a dedicated group of volunteers help to make the German Currents Film Festival a success.
Join the German Currents 2015 Festival Team!
A project of the Goethe-Institut Los Angeles in collaboration with the American Cinematheque, and the Consulates General of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, the German Currents Festival of German Film Los Angeles is Southern California’s premiere showcase of current German language cinema.
Now in its 8th year, German Currents returns this fall to the historic Egyptian Theatre in the heart of Hollywood from Thursday, October 22nd through Sunday, October 25th to present a selection of family, drama, documentary and short films from Germany Switzerland and Austria.
In addition to the unique volunteering experience, volunteers will receive:
Volunteer orientation, a German Currents 2015 festival pass, as well as a certificate of participation.
Letters of recommendation furnished on request.
The list of volunteer positions is subject to change.
As the festival approaches, certain volunteer positions will become available, while others will be updated or modified to meet current tasks and demands.
Team 1: Festival Organization (August 15th – October 15th)
Assist the festival team with:
- Marketing, public relations, and social media prior to the festival.
- Proofreading and editing of promotional materials.
- Press relations and screeners.
- Travel and accommodation arrangements for festival guests.
- Transportation of films.
- Organization of guest relations and catering.
- Technical preparations and logistics.
- Great organizational skills.
- General office skills including word processing, telephone, and general IT skills.
- An Interest in cultural management, especially in film and media.
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as independently.
- German language skills are greatly appreciated but NOT a requirement.
Team 2: Theater Team
Assist the festival team with:
- Reception staffing needs, including the bar and catering (must be +21), as well as guest hospitality lounge.
- Box office will call – including check-in of VIPs and guests of the festival, as well as providing general information about the festival. - Assist with VIP and festival guest relations.
- Ushering- assist festival guests with information and seating, as well as assist theater staff.
- Red carpet photography/videography (experience required)
- On-site social media
- Transportation duties (must be +21, experience required)
Help make German Currents 2015 a success… Join the German Currents 2015 Festival Team!
Interested in volunteering? Please send an email along with a brief introduction and your current resume to
Please include GC2015 VOLUNTEERING in the E-mail subject line
German Currents is a project of the Goethe-Institut Los Angeles. The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach.