The Goethe-Institut in your country will evaluate your application and forward the documents to the central office of the Goethe-Institut in Munich. There a committee will decide on the sum to be granted.
The committee meets four times a year as follows:
- Beginning of February: fiction; literature for children and young adults
application deadline: 15 December
- End of April: all categories
application deadline: 15 December for academic works*,
15 March for the other categories
- End of July: fiction; literature for children and young adults
application deadline: 15 June
- Beginning of November: all categories
application deadline: 15 June for academic works*,
15 September for the other categories
* For academic works an expert evaluation must be obtained from the “Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft” (German research organisation). This may delay the consideration of your application.
application form (Word, 88 KB)