Orientierungskurs (Orientation courses)
The orientation course is the final part of the
integration course. The main purpose of the orientation course is to provide basic information about Germany’s legal system, culture and history. According to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF), the orientation course should, inter alia,
- foster awareness of Germany’s system of government,
- help to develop a positive attitude towards the German state,
- impart an understanding of citizens’ and residents’ rights and duties,
- establish the basis for further orientation-related activities, and
- provide the skills needed to participate in the life of society.