After passing the examination, you will be able to do the following, for example:
- follow the main content of specific and abstract topics and obtain relevant information from them (i.e. radio broadcasts),
- understand a wide range of texts, both shorter simple texts (such as advertisements) and longer, more complex factual texts, commentaries and reports,
- express yourself clearly and in a structured way in writing on the subject of complex matters and also correct mistakes in texts written by other people,
- give clearly structured oral comments on general subjects and topics of particular interest to you,
- take an active part in discussions on subjects you know about, taking up a position and presenting your own point of view.
RecognitionCertificates issued by the Goethe-Institut are recognized throughout the world.
The Goethe-Zertifikat B2 is recognized in many countries as an initial requirement for studying German.
Locations, prices, dates and enrolmentYou can find the Goethe-Institut or examination partner closest to you here, along with information about locations, prices, dates and enrolment.
Under the section “Frequently asked questions” you will find general answers on the Goethe-Institut exams.