After passing the examination, you will be able to do the following, for example:
- understand the details of important information conveyed in conversations, public announcements and radio reports,
- fully understand important information provided in newspaper articles, statistics and everyday descriptions,
- write logical private or semi-formal messages, such as letters or e-mails,
- hold a simple conversation on a topic of personal interest, briefly give your views on it and respond appropriately to your conversation partner’s opinion,
- report on something, make a suggestion or agree on something in everyday situations.
RecognitionCertificates issued by the Goethe-Institut are recognized throughout the world.
The Goethe-Zertifikat B1: Zertifikat Deutsch is also the language qualification required for acquiring German citizenship.
Locations, prices, dates and enrolmentYou can find the Goethe-Institut or examination partner closest to you here, along with information about locations, prices, dates and enrolment.
Under the section “Frequently asked questions” you will find general answers on the Goethe-Institut exams.