Promoting young performing artists
In order for young artists from Germany to make their first international contacts and experiences, the Theatre and Dance Department has set up a special programme for young performing artists.
Young artists at the start of their careers who have been invited to perform abroad for the first time are eligible to apply. The prerequisite is an invitation from a professional organizer abroad.
Funding is available only to cover travel expenses and/or shipping fees.
Applications must be submitted by the Cultural Funding Application.
Applications must contain the following:
- An invitation from an event organizer abroad
- An informative description of the play or dance piece including an exposition of the concept and goals of the event to which the artist is invited (and indicating the target audience) as well as information about the hosting partner
- Information about applicant
- Applicant’s complete contact information
- Bank account details (including IBAN and SWIFT Code) and name of contractual partner
- A budget showing the organizer’s own contribution and a solid financing plan with two quotes for travel expenses and shipping fees (travel agencies, train fare, forwarders etc.) for purposes of comparison
- Indicate whether the applicant has ever received Goethe-Institut funding for young performing artists or for research projects in the past.
To the Application Form