Contact and Enrolment
Our language department is here to further assist you if you are interested in taking a course at the Goethe-Institut Toronto or in Germany, or if you would like to take one of our exams.
Get in touch with us!
Inquiries by phone: Monday through Friday, between 9 am and 5pm.
Inquiries by e-mail: any time
Interested in visiting the Goethe-Institut? We would be happy to see you, but please arrange for an appointment.
and then choose your method of payment on the application form.
- Winter: January 14 - March 18
- Spring: April 1 - June 5
- Summer/ intensive I: June 10 - July 10
- Summer/ intensive II: July 15 - August 14
- Fall: September 16 - November 18
- January 12 - April 13
- April 27 - August 17
- September 7 - December 7
New Years Day: January 1
Family Day: February 18
Good Friday: April 19
Easter Monday: April 22
Victoria Day: May 20
Canada Day: July 1
Civic Day: August 5
Labour Day: September 2
Thanksgiving: October 14
Break over Christmas and year end:
December21- January 1
To help students determine their level of proficiency in German an assessment is available.
The placement test (in written form with adjacent conversation) is free of charge. Please arrange for an appointment by writing an e-mail to either Nicole Knapp or Jadwiga Baranowicz.
In the meantime, you can get a general idea of your knowledge of German with the following online test: Testen Sie Ihr Deutsch
- Online: PayPal, Interac e-Transfer
- At the institute: Cheque, Cash, Money Order, VISA / MC
Our courses are designed for adult learners. Course participants have to be at least 16 years old .
2. Terms of Payment
2.1. The course fee is payable at the time of enrolment. We accept online payment through PayPal.
You can also pay by sending a cheque or money order or pay at the institute by cash, Visa or Master Card.
2.2. If full payment is not received by the due date, the participant loses the right to attend the course.
3. Course fees
The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the price list current at the time of application.
4. Cancellation and refunds
4.1. The following conditions apply if the course participant is unable to take part in the course:
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the course starts: full refund of the paid course fee minus an administration fee of 30 CAD.
- Cancellation after the first lesson: refund of paid course fee less an administration fee of 60 CAD.
- With cancellation after the second lesson, there will be no refund given.
- In case of withdrawal due to personal reasons after the course is in progress no voucher for a later course will be issued.
4.3. In individual cases a refund may be given to those who present a doctors note indicating a prolonged illness or accident.
4.4. For private classes, the fee after the first class will be returned minus the 30 CAD registration fee.
5. Course level assignment / class size
5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted prior to enrolment.
5.2. Our courses have at least 8 and at most 18 participants. If enrolments are insufficient on the starting date, we reserve the right to cancel the course. In that case we will offer the participants the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee. To avoid cancellations of courses, we advise students in their own interests to register as early as possible.
6. Liability of course participant
The participant has to comply with the rules of the institute.
7. Liability of the Goethe-Institut
The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to force major (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties).