German for youths
Age group: 14 to 17 years
Bamberg, once an important city in the Holy Roman Empire, is among Germany‘s most beautiful medieval-baroque cities. The sights from 1,000 years of history have earned it the status of a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Equally fascinating to young visitors is Bamberg‘s modern identity as a thriving university town where there is always plenty to see and do.
The Aufseesianum boarding school is at the heart of the historic town centre. It has a gymnasium, common rooms and music practice rooms, a computer room and an excellent party room in the basement. We‘ll explore the city‘s scenic surroundings and the river valley as a group and go on excursions, for example to Nuremberg, with its many museums, monuments and attractive shopping areas.
* not included in the price
- German lessons incl. study materials
- 24 teaching units (TUs) per week, (total of 72 TUs)
- Placement test at the start of the course
- Participation certificate
- Optional examination
- Accommodation in two- and three-bed rooms
- Full board
- Round-the-clock supervision
- Sports, cultural, and leisure-time activities
- 2 excursions, e.g. Nuremberg, Bayreuth
- Health and accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Frankfurt Airport included
|Cost||€ 2,530 all-inclusive|
A transfer will be offered between Frankfurt airport (FRA) and Bamberg from 7 am to 6 pm on the official day of arrival and departure (waits may occur).
On the arrival day our staff will meet the teenagers at the exit from the transit area in the arrivals hall of the airport.
They will be carrying a Goethe-Institut sign and also have an official letter as identification. For organizational reasons we regret that we are unable to provide you with the name of this member of our staff earlier than 3 days in advance of the course.
On the day of departure we will accompany the children to the check in desk.
- Please inform us of the arrival and departure time and flight numbers after having booked the flight.
- If you book a flight that arrives or departs Munich airport before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of around 335 €. This transfer will be organized by taxi.
By train to Bamberg Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). From the station, by taxi to the Aufseesianum residential school (about 8 €). Taxi stand located outside the entrance to the station. No transfer available from the railway station to the school.
Bamberg is easy to reach by car from the north and east via the autobahn. From the north: Autobahn A70, take the "Hallstadt" exit for the town centre. From the east: Autobahn A73, take the "Bamberg Ost" exit for the town centre. Follow the signs for "Dom"/ "Nervenklinik" and then look for the green signs marked "Goethe Institut".
Should students be unable to arrive or depart on the specified dates, please plan to arrive the following day or to depart one day before the end of the course, respectively. Our staff cannot guarantee transfer, or supervision on days outside the course dates. Also, we cannot provide food in the boarding school outside course dates
Please direct all of your questions and messages to the Goethe Institute's head office before the course starts:
Phone: +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the course
Phone and E-mail: will be communicated on Friday before the course starts.
Young learners course blog