German for youths
Age group: 12 to 15 years
Courses at levels A1 to C1
Opportunity to take an exam A1–B2
Bamberg is one of Germany's most beautiful cities. The historic center, with its well-preserved medieval and baroque buildings, is a Unesco World Cultural Heritage Site. With architectural masterpieces dating back as far as 1000 years and the vibrant atmosphere created by the many students living here, this modern university town is not to be missed.
Bamberg offers a perfect setting for focused learning combined with an endless range of fun things to see and do.
The accommodation and classrooms for the course participants are in the newly renovated Aufseesianum youth hostel in the heart of the historic town center. The participants are accommodated in two- and three-bed rooms. Showers and toilets are located nearby on the same floor.
- 3 weeks, 15 days of lessons
- intensive course from Monday to Friday
- 90 UI* in total, 30 UI* per week
- maximum class size: 16
- placement test
- participation certificate
- exam opportunity: A1–B2
- accommodation in two and three-bed rooms
- full board
- professional supervision
- teaching materials
- sports, culture and leisure-time program**
- four excursions, e.g. Nuremberg, Bayreuth
- health/accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Nuremberg Airport included
- Internet access
- Tour operator liability according to German Civil Code §651r BGB
** We do not offer activities posing increased risks to individuals or groups or involving potential liability risks for the Goethe-Institut or participants (e.g. theme parks, tobogganing, boulder climbing, rafting, free climbing).
|Cost||€ 3,695 all-inclusive|
A transfer will be offered between the course location in Bamberg and Nuremberg Airport (NUE) between 7 am and 6 pm on the official arrival and departure days. (Waiting times may occur). On the arrival day, a staff member will meet the participants at the transit area exit in the arrivals area of the airport. The staff member will be carrying a Goethe-Institut sign and will also have an official letter as identification. For organisational reasons we regret that we cannot provide you with the staff member's name until three days prior to the course at the earliest. On the departure date we will accompany the participants to the check-in desk at the airport.
On the day of departure we will accompany the children to the check in desk.
- Please inform us of the arrival and departure time and flight numbers after having booked the flight.
- If you book flights that arrive in or depart from Nuremberg before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of approx. €335. This single transfer is by taxi.
By train to Bamberg Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). From the station, by taxi to the Aufseesianum residential school (about 8 €). Taxi stand located outside the entrance to the station.
Bamberg is easy to reach by car from the north and east via the autobahn.
- From the north: Autobahn A70, take the "Hallstadt" exit for the town centre.
- From the east: Autobahn A73, take the "Bamberg Ost" exit for the town centre. Follow the signs for "Dom" / "Nervenklinik" and then look for the green signs marked "Goethe Institut".
If you cannot arrive or depart on the official arrival/departure date, then please plan your arrival one day later or your departure one day before the end of the course. Before and after the course our staff cannot guarantee that a transfer service or care for participants will be available. There are also no meals available at the school before or after the course sessions.
Please direct all of your questions and messages to the Goethe Institute's head office before the course starts:
Phone: +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the course
Phone and E-mail: will be communicated on Friday before the course starts.
Young learners course blog