Goethe-Zertifikat C2: GDS
- Anyone with a body temperature of 37° Celsius or higher will not be allowed to take the exam.
Current information: Corona
The Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS) is a German exam for adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired extremely advanced language skills and corresponds to the sixth level (C2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- effortlessly understand virtually everything that you read or hear in German,
- summarize information from various written and spoken sources, logically recounting reasons and explanations,
- express yourself spontaneously with a high level of fluency and precision and make finer nuances of meaning clear when discussing more complex topics.
- Framework Regulation on German Language Exams to Study at a German University or Institution of Higher Education (RO-DT) (PDF, 395 kB)
On 1st January 2012, the Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom exam replaced the three previously existing exams, namely the Goethe-Zertifikat: Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP), the Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS) and the Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS).
*) The cheaper price displayed applies if you have already participated in a German language course at the Goethe Institute in the past six months. The six months refer to the period between when the language course ended and the date of the German language exam. In this case, the price will change automatically during the booking procedure. If not, please contact the course office.