Advice and information
- Anyone with a body temperature of 37° Celsius or higher will not be allowed to take the exam.
In our language course office we can help you if you want to book a course in Tbilisi or in Germany or if you want to take one of our examinations.
|opening hours of the language exam office|
|Mon., Tues., Thu., Fri.:||10:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 17:00|
|Wed.:||10:00 - 13:00 and 16:00 - 18:30|
The Goethe-Institute conducts examinations that are recognised worldwide. Some examinations free candidates from other language examinations at German universities. Goethe-Institute is a member of ALTE-Organisation (Association of Language Testers in Europe)
You can take the following examinations with us:
|Goethe Certificate A1:
„Fit in Deutsch 1“
|Goethe Certificate A1:
Start German 1
|Goethe Certificate A2:
„Fit in Deutsch“
|Goethe Certificate A2||170/250* GEL|
|Goethe Certificate B1
Goethe Certificate B1 f. Teenagers
|Goethe Certificate B2
Goethe Certificate B2 f. Teenagers
|Goethe Certificate C1||270/350* GEL|
|Goethe Certificate C2||270/350* GEL|
|OnSET||50 GEL (2020)|
* Price for external participants
** If school classes from one school register, the price per participant is reduced to 50 GEL for „Fit in Deutsch 1“ and to 60 GEL for „Fit in Deutsch“ as long as there are at least 12 participants
- The age recommendations for the Goethe-Institute examinations are listed in the examination regulations of the Goethe-Institute. The signature of a parent or guardian must be present on all documents of youth examination candidates.
- The examination participants are obliged to take part in both the written and the oral examination. Before the written and oral exams, participants must prove their identity by presenting an identity card (ID card) or passport.
- Participants may cancel/exit the examination. In this case, as well as in the case of exclusion from the examination (see Examination Regulations, § 12), the examination fee will not be refunded and the examination will be counted as not passed.
- If a participant fails to appear shortly before the examination due to illness, he/she has the opportunity to present a medical certificate (form N100) within 5 working days after the date of examination. In this case, an administration fee of 20 GEL will be deducted from the examination fee and the remaining amount will be returned.
- Mobile phones, cameras, microphones and other electronic devices and tools are not allowed during the entire duration of the examination. Those must be turned off at the reception desk before the start of the examination. If a mobile phone is taken into the examination room illegally, the participant will be excluded from the test. At the end of the examination, when leaving the institute, the participants will receive their mobile phone back.
- The examination can be organised for candidates with specific needs on presentation of a written declaration. For detailed information, candidates must contact the language course office.
- In the event of a loss of a certificate, a replacement certificate can be issued for a fee up to 10 years after the examination.
- The Goethe-Institute Georgia collects, processes and uses personal data of the examinee both for the purpose of fulfilling the contract concluded with the examinee and within the framework of the legal permissions and the declaration of consent granted to the Goethe-Institute Georgia.
- Registration for the exams takes place on the published dates. The enrolment will proceed in the order of registration and according to the number of available places. The Goethe-Institute Georgia has the final decision on whether or not to take the examination. There is no legal entitlement to take the examination on the desired date.
- At the time of registration, only current prices and discount conditions are valid.
- Payment of the entire examination fee must be made online on the agreed payment date (usually the day of registration).
- The possibility of transfer to another exam is determined by the Goethe-Institute and requires a fee.
- A withdrawal from the examination must be announced in a writing in an informal way to the Goethe-Institute Georgia. In the case of minors, the written consent of a parent or legal guardian is required. In the event of withdrawal up to one week before the examination date, an administration fee of 20 GEL will be deducted from the examination fee. After this date, the examination fee cannot be refunded. In case of illness or if the Goethe-Institute itself cancels the examination, the full examination fee will be refunded. In the case of the „Start Deutsch 1“ examination, a refund of the examination fee minus an administration fee of 20 GEL is only possible until Tuesday of the week before the examination.
- In case of illness, a withdrawal is possible according to the rules of the examination regulations (§ 13), this must be proven by a medical certificate (form N100).
- There are special conditions for the examinations during COVID-19 crisis and in December, which will be communicated in written form during the registering for the examination.
- Before the examination, candidates must check the registration data on the receipt: First name, surname, date and place of birth. In case of discrepancies the participants must contact timely the Language Course Office. A new certificate is subject to a fee.
- The examination results will be published within fifteen working days after the examination at the latest. The examinee number replaces the surname and first name and the exam results can be viewed on our website.
- The certificate can be collected by the examinee upon presentation of an identity card. If they are personally unable to do so, the person collecting the certificate must present a warrant of attorney and an identification document of the examinee.
- By signing, the candidates agree to the examination regulations published on www.goethe.de/georgien, as well as to the regulations and general terms and conditions of the examinations.
- The Goethe-Institute Georgia is not liable for itself or its employees for the non-fulfilment of its contractual obligations or damages, insofar as these result from force majeure, in particular fire, water, storms or other natural phenomena, explosion, strike, war, riot or other reasons beyond the responsibility/influence of the Goethe-Institute Georgia.
- Tbilisi is agreed as the place of jurisdiction.
- Should parts or individual formulations of these terms and conditions be invalid, the content and validity of the remaining parts shall remain unaffected. The invalid provision shall be replaced by a legally permissible provision that comes closest to the invalid provision in terms of content and economic effect.
- In case of discrepancies between the German and the Georgian language version of these GTCs, the German language version shall apply. The respective current version of the GTCs shall apply. This is usually the version published on the homepage of the Goethe-Institute Georgia
The Goethe-Institute Georgia reserves the right to change the General Terms and Conditions for Examinations