The Language Media Centre of the Goethe-Institut Malaysia is open to all interested parties. The use of books, magazines and audiovisual media is free of charge in the library. Borrowing media to your home requires a library card.
The language media centre has a stock of around 1,000 books and more than 20,000 digital media, which we are constantly updating.
You will find:
- Materials for learning, practicing and teaching German as a foreign language as well as for preparing for language proficiency exams
- Current non-fiction titles on contemporary German culture and society
- German magazines
- Feature films and documentaries on DVD, some with English subtitles
- Reference books and dictionaries
- Internet workstations, iPads with German Learning Apps, and free Wi-Fi
Goethe-Institut Malaysia Library’s Online Catalogue
To borrow media, a valid library card is required.
You can become a member by enrolling at the librarian desk in our institute. The membership fee is RM50/year (excluding RM100 refundable deposit).The deposit will be returned at the end of the membership upon request with the proof of receipt (cash only).
Language course students of the Goethe-Institut receive a free membership for the duration of their course upon presentation of the student card.
Examination books: 2 weeks (no extension)
DVDs: 1 week
The personalized use of OPAC offers you the following advantages:
- Display of borrowed media including due date
- Extension of the loan period of your media
- Insight into outstanding and paid fees
- Purchase proposals for the library's media collections
- Commenting on media
- Overview of the media you have borrowed in the past
Please contact the library team on your next visit or apply for the activation online.
If the media you have borrowed are not pre-ordered by other users, the loan period may be extended once. Excluded from the extension are materials for exam preparation.
You can comfortably extend your media online in our library catalog after you have logged into your personal user account.
Alternatively, you can extend your media directly at the librarian desk as well as by email or by phone:email@example.com
Tel.: +60 3 21642011 (Ext.: 119)