Studienkolleg Middle East in Saudi Arabia is a one-year preparatory program for international students who would like to study scientific and technical subjects such as engineering, computer science or mathematics (STEM) in Germany as part of their bachelor's degree.
It gives school graduates from the region the chance to complete all preparatory courses in Saudi Arabia. The Studienkolleg Middle East in Saudi Arabia will take place in hybrid form (German courses both online and face-to-face, subject classes online).
Check our event calendar for the next information event
- university entrance qualification
- good German language skills (90% of all courses are in German)
Studienkolleg Middle-East in Saudi Arabia prepares you for these exams. Check here if your school leaving certificate meets the requirements to study in Germany without a Studienkolleg: https://www.uni-assist.de/tools/check-hochschulzugang/
In order to attend Studienkolleg Middle East in Saudi Arabia, please send us all the documents you need for your application by uni-assist.
Special conditions apply to IB-/ GCE school degrees. Please note the following: https://www.daad.de/de/studieren-und-forschen-in-deutschland/studium-planen/anerkennung-ib-diploma/
IG school graduates cannot attend the preparatory year. Please note the following: https://www.daad.de/de/studieren-und-forschen-in-deutschland/studium-planen/anerkennung-gce/
We will help you to reach level C1 within one year, as required by German universities. Study colleges in Germany require a B2 certificate - so here we give you a unique chance to get an earlier start.
Information about language courses and exams at the Goethe-Instituts in the region can be found here:
To attend the preparatory year of Goethe Institute in cooperation with the technical university of Berlin, send your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When they are complete, we will send you a confirmation.
Your school certificate must be certified by the Saudi ministry of foreign affairs and translated into German by an accredited translator before submitting it to us.
After submitting all required documents, we will invite you to a math placement test. Beispiele für den Mathematik-Aufnahmetest.
Depending on the quality and age of your German certificate, we will invite you to an additional German placement test.
- Passport scan
- Goethe B1 certificate scan
- Certified translation of the school-leaving certificate (can be submitted by a specified deadline); After you have received your school-leaving certificate, please contact the responsible education authority for authentication, then contact a Citizens' Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and have the certificate translated by an officially recognized translator
The fee is 33,900 SAR and is paid in three installments (September, February, and May).
Begin early with the German courses so that you can start with us directly after your school graduation or after a year in college (American Diploma) so you are ready to study in Germany successfully and in German.
- Lesson language is German
- Sunday-Thursday from 8.30 am to 4.30 p
- The course is divided into Unterkurs (September- January) and Oberkurs ( February- May
- 15 lesson units (German
- 8 lesson units (mathematics)
- 8 lesson units (physics)
- 6 lesson units (chemistry)
- 3 lesson units (computer science)
- 4 exam phases in all subjects
- German B2 exam at the end of Unterkurs
- TestDaf German exam takes place at the end of Oberkurs (Infos zum TestDaF)
- Written exams in June for mathematics and- after choosing- physics or chemistr
- After passing the final exams and TestDaf exam, you can apply to any technical or natural bachelor’s program at any German university, however, not medicine. To study medicine, you should attend the medical course (M-Kurs). You can find information here: studienkollegs.de.
- The final exams take place in Cairo.
- A great chance to complete the preparatory year at Goethe institute Riyadh and to get the direct access qualification to German universities.
- The technical course: the course prepares for all-natural and engineering bachelor studies as well as mathematics and computer science.
- Lessons language is German: The participants take in both semesters (Unterkurs and Oberkurs) 15-hour German lessons per week. You have the opportunity to learn all the necessary technical terms in the subjects mathematics, chemistry, physics, and computer science.
- Intercultural and cultural preparation: You will not only be prepared for studying in Germany, but also for the life, values , and customs of German culture. In exciting and interesting modules you have the opportunity to gain extensive knowledge in various subject areas, such as intercultural stumbling blocks, the political system of the Federal Republic of Germany, equal rights for men and women, and much more.
- Exclusive: acceptance of the assessment test in Cairo: To complete the preparatory year successfully, the students take the assessment exams at the end of the (Oberkurs) all in June. The exams are received from the Studienkolleg (preparatory year) of the technical university of Berlin and the quality is checked by the senate of Berlin. Written exams are for mathematics and- after choosing- physics or chemistry.
- Partner is the technical university of Berlin: with its 33 500 students, over 100 study courses, and 40 institutes, the technical university of Berlin is classified as one of the biggest international and traditional technical universities in Germany.
- German preparatory years are highly competitive and due to that, the acceptance rate is low, as students from all around the world apply there. The acceptance rate in the preparatory year Middle-East is higher and you have a good chance of finding a place with us.
Dr. Nivin Ghamry
Fachlehrerin für Physik und Elektrotechnik
Professorin an der Universität Kairo
Dr. Elsayed Tag Eldin
Fachlehrer für Mathematik
Professor an der Universität Kairo
Fachlehrerin für Chemie
Lehrerin an der Deutschen Schule der Borromäerinnen Kairo (DSB)
Fachlehrer für Informatik
Dozent am Studienkolleg der TU Berlin
Write us an e-mail with your questions, to register you for the next information event, or to book an appointment with us.
For all applicants who want to attend the hybrid preparatory year: